Need a great bowl of dip in a hurry? I’ve got you covered with this chunky guacamole recipe!
Sometimes you need guacamole, and you don’t have a lot of time. This is the case about once a week for me. (Taco Tuesdays and all that…) I almost always have ingredients for this easy guacamole on hand, so I just need less than 10 minutes to get this Mexican dip ready.
I stock up on avocados when they are on sale, and fortunately they stay good for quite a while in the fridge. (I think you can freeze them for even longer, but I haven’t tried it. Have you?) Tomatoes are a staple at our house too. You can’t make margaritas without limes, so I don’t like to run out of those either.
Everything else in this recipe comes from your spice cabinet. Of course, you can make a nicer version with fresh cilantro and garlic, and I invite you to do so if you’d like. This chunky guacamole tastes really great though and is super easy to whip together.Print
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice (Add more to taste, but there’s no taking it out if you put too much, not that I would know about that…)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 dash dash cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 roma tomato seeded and diced
- Cut and scoop avocado into small bowl. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients except tomato. Mash with fork until slightly chunky.
- Stir in diced tomatoes. Adjust lime and salt to taste before serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Mexican
If you have time, you can make your own chips to go with your dip!