This Enchilada Soup made in the crockpot is the easy way to enjoy the flavor of beef enchiladas for dinner!
I recently had a cup of chicken enchilada soup at Chili’s and loved it. We don’t eat there often, but it has become the favorite dinner after the boys get their haircuts since its nearby. Nothing makes you hungry for a kid’s meal at a chain restaurant like getting your hair cut I suppose. Anyway, I wouldn’t exactly call this a Chili’s copycat recipe, especially since theirs is made with chicken, but it was definitely inspired by that soup.
I could eat Mexican food seven days a week and never get tired of it, but sometimes you need to mix it up beyond the standard tacos, nachos, enchiladas, and those kinds of things. This was a warm, comforting way to enjoy my favorite flavors, and it would be hard to find a more perfect recipe for busy weeknights!
I don’t know about you, but I love hearty soups with big chunks of beef in them. They are the best! What’s great is that beef stew meat is pretty economical! The ingredients are all easy to find too. This is one of those recipes you want to have bookmarked or memorized for when you are at the store and don’t know what to make. I think this one will be a fast favorite at your house!Print
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 28 ounces can red enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces can cheese soup
- 15 ounces can black beans drained
- 15 ounces can whole kernel corn drained
- 15 ounces can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- sour cream optional
- crushed tortilla chips optional
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT shredded cheese, sour cream, and chips to slow cooker. Stir together, and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir in shredded cheese and continue cooking on low (or reduce heat to low).
- Top individual servings with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream if desired. YUM!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 480
You’ll also love these other easy Mexican recipes: