You are going to love this easy Breakfast Trifle Recipe, a tasty combination of yogurt, waffles, and fresh berries that will make you look forward to waking up!
Are you good about eating breakfast every day? I’m the worst, which is actually surprising since I love to eat so much. You wouldn’t think I’d ever miss a meal!
While I definitely don’t skip lunch or dinner, I’m usually busy feeding everyone but myself in the mornings. I have coffee (oh, do I ever!) while I’m feeding the kids, the cat, and sometimes Matt. Then I pack lunches, make sure everyone is dressed, check in on blog stuff, and do all the other things that come up every morning.
Not only do I get busy and forget to feed myself, I’m also not particularly excited about most breakfast options. Oatmeal? Meh. Pastries? Love them, but they all have gluten. Muffins? Yes, please, but I usually don’t get a chance to bake them.
There are lots of excuses not to eat, but now I have an excuse to treat myself to what tastes like dessert for breakfast. I’ll be sure to carve out time for this Chocolate Raspberry Breakfast Trifle Recipe!
Did I mention that this wholesome breakfast tastes like dessert? Choose your favorite flavor of rich, creamy yogurt. Combine that with the chewy waffles, fresh berries, and chocolate chips, and you’re in for a real breakfast treat! I like vanilla or coffee yogurts, but any flavor will do. Let me know in the comments how you made yours and how you liked it!Print
- 1 frozen waffle
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 6 ounces yogurt flavor of your choice
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Toast waffle according to package directions. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place half of the waffle in the bottom of a small cereal bowl (clear if you have one). Spread half the yogurt over the waffle. Sprinkle half the berries and chocolate chips over the yogurt.
- Repeat step two. Dig in!
- This recipe is of course easy to scale to serve as many as needed.
- You can substitute your favorite berries or other fruit to change up the flavors!
- Prep Time: 5
If you are looking for more tasty ways to eat yogurt, try these!