If you are in search of the perfect dessert for a windy fall evening, these baked apple slices with sugar and cinnamon will become your next best friend! So easy to make, this cinnamon apple slices recipe is sure to impress any of your guests and even become the new favorite healthy dessert of your kids! Who doesn’t love hot caramelized apples, after all? Pair them with some vanilla ice cream and boom, the perfect fall dessert!
Baked Apple Slices in Oven Tips and Tricks
Before starting to prepare this delicious dessert, I want to let you know some essential tips and tricks when cooking apple slices in the oven. You are already used to my way of doing things – research before everything! I am aware that sometimes you might find this section a little boring and even skip it, but, please, keep in mind that for me the PRO Tips are often game changers!
- You can always also peel the apples, however, I like to keep their skin. If you prepare this dessert for your kids, is probably best to peel the apples – they tend to prefer this dessert like that! On the other hand, keep in mind that keeping the skin on helps the apples not to become too mushy.
- For an even healthier baked apple slices recipe, replace the sugar with honey or maple syrup. The maple syrup will also bring a hint of caramel and toffee to the dessert’s flavor.
- Before serving you can drop a pat of butter on the hot apples and let it melt just a little. However, most of us prefer the old good vanilla ice cream on top of our baked apple slices.
- Add chopped walnuts, pecans, or sliced almonds on top of your apple slices before baking for a crunchier texture.
- Try other spices, like pumpkin pie spice or Chinese five-spice, for a more festive and surprising flavor.
How to Make Healthy Baked Apple Slices
This easy Baked Apple Slices recipe is a simple fall dessert that combines sweetness with cinnamon flavor for a delicious experience. The tenderness of the apples pairs wonderfully with the crispiness of their skin once they are baked and ready to be enjoyed. These sugar and cinnamon apple slices are a simple dessert, ready in 30 minutes, that is sure to bring the fall vibe into any kitchen!
Now, that you first learned some basic tricks for this recipe, is time to start preparing it.
Ingredients for Baked Apple Slices
First of all, it’s important to know exactly what you need in order to rock these baked apple slices with cinnamon! You don’t have to worry; probably you already have all the ingredients in your kitchen. The one thing that is less likely to be in the usual kitchen is the dark rum, but you can replace it with water. Yes, the alcohol would bring a different, more festive flavor to the baked apples, however, it is not necessary.
- 4 small apples (cored, cut into ¼-inch thick slices, and unpeeled);
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or coconut oil);
- 1/4 cup brown sugar;
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar;
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch;
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt;
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (you can also use water if you don’t have alcohol).
Easy Step-by-Step Recipe
This is surely one of my easiest dessert recipes, not to mention one of the cheapest. If you read just once the steps below, you’ll see for yourself how simple to make these baked apple slices actually are! So, don’t waste a second more and start preparing it! The result will blow your mind!
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and transfer it into a large bowl.
- Next, to the mixing bowl, add the apple slices, brown and white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and bourbon/water. Stir to coat.
- Pour the apple mixture into a deep baking dish. Pour any liquid that has collected in the bottom of the bowl over the top.
- Then, bake the apples for 25 minutes, until fork tender but not completely mushy.
- Finally, serve hot, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.
Video Recipe for Baked Apple Slices with Cinnamon
One of the easiest desserts that I’ve ever prepared – I couldn’t do a little video tutorial for it! You see in the video below how easy is actually to prepare these caramelized apple slices! I’m so sorry that is not possible to share the smell, too! It’s a little Thanksgiving, a splash of Christmas, and some summer breeze in one healthy dessert!
Enjoy Your Healthy Dessert!
Finally, it’s time for you to share your experience with the baked apple slices recipe with us. So, tell me everything about this fall dessert in the comments section below. How was your final result? Did you have all the ingredients or did you have to improvise? If so, how that went? Have you encountered any problems? Share everything, we are all here to help you!
Furthermore, don’t forget that your input on everything I write about is extremely valuable. It really helps me know what you think about my work and how you would improve my recipes, ideas, and advice. Therefore, keep on asking any questions in the comments section. I will make sure to respond as soon as possible!
Last but not least, one of the benefits I love the most of being a home cook mom is that you can explore many interesting, still healthy recipes that help you give your kids the vitamins they need. Nowadays is hard to convince the little monsters to eat healthier; that’s why I will give you three extra dessert ideas with fruits: