This satisfying Cheesy Asparagus and Potato Casserole is comforting like macaroni and cheese (you know, except with vegetables).
If you or someone you love thinks vegetables are boring or yucky, this Cheesy Asparagus and Potato Casserole recipe could change their mind. As The Pants said upon trying this dish, “It tastes like cheese, and that’s all it takes for me.” You could add other veggies too, or even add diced ham or chicken to make this a complete meal! It’s important to cut the potatoes small and use thick stalks of asparagus so the potatoes aren’t too hard and the asparagus isn’t too soft.Print
- 2/3 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large baking potato peeled and diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 1″ pieces paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, half and half, ¾ c. cheddar cheese, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add asparagus and potatoes, and stir to coat. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes in preheated oven. Sprinkle remaining cheese and paprika over top, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Casseroles, Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
This recipe was inspired by this easy mac and cheese: