Bacon wrapped chicken seasoned with Buffalo sauce is topped with avocado slices and drizzled with tangy BBQ sauce. You can’t beat this easy chicken recipe for a quick and satisfying dinner!
Could there be any more words in the name of this recipe? Well, really yes because I didn’t say BBQ. The BBQ sauce on top is strictly optional, so it didn’t make it into the mega title. You could also add cheese to this bacon chicken, so then it could be Cheesy BBQ Bacon Chicken with Avocado. Honestly though, it’s the bacon and avocado that make the recipe.
I am attempting to write this post in an indoor play area, and it is so dang loud. Apparently inside voices don’t apply when you’re at an indoor playground. Plus, they have music on to add to the chaos. I have to remember to bring earplugs next time. Just this morning I talked to my therapist about my intolerance for noise. My kids talk, hoot, and holler almost constantly, and I find it kind of maddening. At a place like this with tons of loud voices and xylophones and kids’ music blaring, I can hardly function. We’re here for another half hour or so, and then I need to go sit in a quiet room for a few minutes to gather myself. I’m sure my kids will be supportive and accommodating of that request. (That is sarcasm.)
What would really make me feel better was sitting quietly with a piece of this chicken wrapped in bacon with a glass of wine with only whispering voices around me. Oh no. Someone else just found the xylophone. Send help. Or noise cancelling headphones.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (approximate measure)
- Marinade chicken breasts in buffalo sauce for at least a half hour.
- Place an iron skillet in the oven, and preheat to 400 degrees F. Carefully remove hot skillet, and place marinated chicken breasts in the pan. Arrange bacon slices over the top of the chicken. Place skillet back in oven for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange sliced avocado over cooked chicken breasts. Drizzle BBQ sauce over the top if desired.
I used Moore’s Marinade buffalo wing sauce. You could also mix up your own seasoning using my recipe for Buffalo chicken wraps.
- Prep Time: 5
- Passive Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
More bacon-wrapped recipe goodness: