Today I’m bringing you a healthy, colorful dinner full of protein, fiber, and flavor! You’ll love this easy Chinese chicken fried rice and will want to make it again and again. This Asian-inspired dinner is made with AllWhites Egg Whites instead of whole eggs to keep it low in fat. This is a delicious treat that you can serve to your family. An appetizing meal that your children will surely love. You can make this any time of the day and on any occasion. A flavorful recipe that will taste better than the restaurant’s takeout version. What are you waiting for? Continue reading this article to discover its ingredients and process.
Chicken Fried Rice Tips and Tricks
- Besides the health benefits of eating All Whites instead of whole eggs when cooking chicken fried rice, they are also much less wasteful than separating eggs yourself and discarding the yolks.
- So, I made this easy Chinese chicken fried rice with a shortcut: I used instant brown rice, which is ready in about 10 minutes. Using leftover rice would be great too. I don’t mind making regular brown rice sometimes, but on most days it’s hard to have 40 minutes to cook the rice!
- One quick tip before I get to the recipe: I was a little surprised at how long it took for the All Whites to start to cook. As the recipe instructs, I pushed the rice to the sides of the pan and created a little well in the center for my egg whites. I reduced the heat to low, poured in the All Whites, and it seemed like nothing happened for quite some time. I’d say it was a good five minutes before it started to set up, but then it happened pretty quickly.
I just thought I’d pass that along in case you started to panic about having a pool of raw eggs in the middle of your rice. Be patient, and the Chinese recipe will all come together!
Finally, tell us what you think about this easy Chinese chicken fried rice recipe. I already know how easy to make can be for almost everybody, as I first recommended it to some friends. So, share your opinion on taste and flavors. What will you change about the chicken fried rice recipe and how will you adapt it, in the future, for your family? How did your loved ones react to it? Tell us everything in the comments section and ask your further question in the same place.
How to Make Easy Flavorful Chicken Fried Rice Recipe?Print
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
This homemade fried rice is loaded with protein and fiber, and it comes together quickly too!
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (used Instant rice to save time)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce gluten-free or reduced sodium if preferred
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or white wine optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Thai-style chili sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Add red bell pepper, carrots, and green onion. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together soy sauce, sherry, and chili sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add cooked rice and thawed peas to the chicken and vegetables in the skillet. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, and stir in soy sauce mixture. With wooden spoon, push rice mixture to sides of skillet, making a large hole in center of skillet for preparing egg.
- Pour AllWhites egg whites into center of skillet. As egg starts to set (takes 4-5 minutes), use wooden spoon or spatula to slowly stir egg until eggs are cooked completely. Stir rice mixture into egg, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chicken Fried Rice by AllWhites®.
- Prep Time: 25
- Category: Dinner, Poultry, Rice Bowls
- Cuisine: Asian
Last but not least, if you want more easy-to-make Chinese recipes, give these a try!
Check out more recipes to do with your chicken meat.
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files says
When I was eating eggs (before I knew I was allergic to them!), I loveddddd All Whites! It made my mornings and baking so much easier!
Oh yikes, you can’t eat eggs or wheat?! You cook such amazing things with those limitations, you talented lady! Thank you, Meg :)
Heather | girlichef says
I love this product! I’m a “whole egg” kinda girl, but every once in a while I want to use just whites. I try to make sure I have a recipe to go with the yolks, but sometimes I wind up wasting them, so these are a lifesaver! This fried rice sounds fantastic.
I made a recipe with egg whites a while ago and then didn’t know what to do with the yolks. I much prefer just buying the part I need, so I’ll use AllWhites next time. Thank you, Heather!
Laura | Petite allergy treats says
Love such a quick and healthy meal loaded with protein! This is a great way to use leftover rice too.
Yes! We always order too much rice with takeout. Next time I’ll turn it into fried rice :) Thank you, Laura!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Your rice looks so good! I made the Frittata and fell in love with it. Highly recommend.
Thank you, Dorothy. I can’t wait to try it!
Sara @ Bitz & Giggles says
Andi, I’m hungry for lunch right now and I think this would be perfect! I’m all about saving time and I love that I can take a few shortcuts to a delicious meal!
Yes, this is a great lunch for sure. Thanks, Sara!
Jessica @ Sprinkle Some Sugar says
This looks amazing! There’s nothing better than a really good fried rice!
Thanks so much, Jessica!!
Glenn Sullivan says
There is no quantity for the Egg Whites in the recipe… just a unit of measure of “cup”…
Hi, Glenn. I corrected the recipe, which should call for one cup of egg whites. Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for letting me know!
Carol at Wild Goose Mama says
I love fried rice. I like the sherry added to it. Super healthy and thus guilt free fried rice—-even better. Quick & easy—even mo’ better.
I don’t normally talk about ME, but take note of the slight name change from Wild Goose Tea. New web design–whoopee and some new features.
Ooh, I’m going to have to go check out this new features right this very minute, Mama :)
Matt Robinson says
Absolutely perfect, can’t wait to make this for my boys!
Thanks so much, Matt! Great to see you over in my neck of the woods :)