Need a quick and easy dinner but don’t want plain old spaghetti with meat sauce? This Easy Chicken with Pasta Dinner has your name all over it!
I have to tell you that I wasn’t planning to share this recipe with you. I thought I was making this on a night off from cooking for the blog. We had family pictures taken earlier in the day, which was fun but tiring, and I didn’t really feel like cooking. I did feel like eating though, which is what keeps me making tasty dinners every night even at my weariest. I scrounged through the kitchen looking for ingredients and inspiration, and I found some chicken that was about to expire and the handful of other ingredients used in this super easy chicken with pasta dinner. I was going to make Chicken Parmesan Casserole but then decided to make something even simpler. When I sat down to eat, I expected an OK meal, but I was surprised that I really loved this dinner! It tasted way better than something scrounged and was a pasta dinner recipe I’d serve to guests! Since I liked it so much and had enough leftovers to photograph, I decided to share it with instead of keeping it to myself. I hope you love it too!Print
- 10–12 ounces pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 28 ounces jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and Italian seasoning, and saute for about 5 minutes until chicken is almost done. Add frozen spinach and sprinkle it with salt. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan with the lid until spinach is thawed, stirring occasionally. Cook a few minutes until spinach is heated through.
- Drain chicken and spinach, and return to pan. (I try to time this to drain the chicken before the pasta is done so I can use the same colander for the pasta.) Pour in pasta sauce and pepper flakes, cover, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, and stir cooked pasta into sauce mixture. Sprinkle cheese over the top, and cover. Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian
Want more easy pasta dinners? Here you go!