This Ham and Cheese Biscuit Panini recipe was sponsored by Pillsbury.
Let me tell you a magical ingredient that can get fun, family-pleasing dinners on the table FAST: Refrigerated Biscuits! Biscuits aren’t just for breakfast! Take this Ham and Cheese Biscuit Panini for example: Three ingredients and a waffle iron create a fun dinner that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. (Don’t worry if you don’t have a waffle iron or panini maker. Just make these easy Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in a skillet as originally written. )
It’s back to school time, and that means evenings are busy with homework, after school classes, PTA meetings, and all the other activities that come with kids in school. We have to squeeze dinner in there somewhere, so meals that are ready in under 30 minutes are very welcome for busy families! Not only do we all love quick and easy recipes, it’s also nice to reward kids with a fun meal after a long day.
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! refrigerated biscuits
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 8 slices ham
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Roll each biscuit to be about 1/4″ thick. When waffle iron is ready, place one biscuit down on iron, top with ham, then cheese, and then place another rolled biscuit on top. Close waffle iron and press the lid down for a few seconds.
- I set my waffle iron to the setting to cook uniformly and turned the brownness setting to almost high. Your mileage may vary, so please do what works best with your appliance.
- When biscuit is brown and cheese is melted, after 5-8 minutes, carefully remove your cute little panini to a plate and make the next three in the same way. Enjoy!
- Melted cheese may ooze out onto your waffle iron while cooking these. If your appliance is difficult to clean, you may want to follow the original skillet instructions instead.
- The biscuits make these little sandwiches very filling! This recipe was more than enough to feed our family of four.
- Adapted from Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches by Pillsbury.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Sandwich
Biscuit grilled cheese sandwiches are just one of the many options Pillsbury has come up with for their Grands! biscuits. You can download a free booklet of their other biscuit recipes too! I’m especially looking forward to trying out the Chicken Pot Pie Puffs and Easy Taco Melts very soon.
Which recipe do you want to try first? On your next shopping trip, grab a can of Pillsbury biscuits, pizza dough, or crescent rolls, and you are on your way to something delicious! When it comes to refrigerator dough recipes, this isn’t my first time at the rodeo. Don’t miss these other easy dinner ideas as well: