If you like the bright, fresh taste of cilantro, you will love this Cilantro Margarita!
I recently asked for cocktail ingredient suggestions on my Facebook Page, and the witty, adorable Lilly Sue of Lilly Sue’s Bites and Brews suggested cilantro. It has taken me a couple weeks to get to it, but I present to you the Cilantro Margarito! Not quite a mojito or a margarita, this fizzy cocktail stands out with bright cilantro flavor. I realize this isn’t a terribly creative cocktail, but I didn’t want to add so many flavors that the cilantro was lost or mismatched. Did you know that some people can’t eat cilantro because they think it tastes like soap? I find it fascinating that there is not only an actual genetic difference that affects cilantro tasting (how random), but that “tasting like soap” is a universal sensation. I don’t that that I really know what soap tastes like exactly, but I guess we can all agree that we wouldn’t want it in our salsa. Lucky for me, I’m not on the soap team, so I am free to enjoy the this tasty drink.
If you don’t like cilantro, why not try one of these alternatives?
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016