If you like the bright, fresh taste of cilantro, you will love this Cilantro Margarita!
I recently asked for cocktail ingredient suggestions on my Facebook Page, and the witty, adorable Lilly Sue of Lilly Sue’s Bites and Brews suggested cilantro. It has taken me a couple weeks to get to it, but I present to you the Cilantro Margarito! Not quite a mojito or a margarita, this fizzy cocktail stands out with bright cilantro flavor. I realize this isn’t a terribly creative cocktail, but I didn’t want to add so many flavors that the cilantro was lost or mismatched. Did you know that some people can’t eat cilantro because they think it tastes like soap? I find it fascinating that there is not only an actual genetic difference that affects cilantro tasting (how random), but that “tasting like soap” is a universal sensation. I don’t that that I really know what soap tastes like exactly, but I guess we can all agree that we wouldn’t want it in our salsa. Lucky for me, I’m not on the soap team, so I am free to enjoy the this tasty drink.
If you don’t like cilantro, why not try one of these alternatives?
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #188: Working Out Some Kinks - August 27, 2016
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016