If you like the bright, fresh taste of cilantro, you will love this Cilantro Margarita!
I recently asked for cocktail ingredient suggestions on my Facebook Page, and the witty, adorable Lilly Sue of Lilly Sue’s Bites and Brews suggested cilantro. It has taken me a couple weeks to get to it, but I present to you the Cilantro Margarito! Not quite a mojito or a margarita, this fizzy cocktail stands out with bright cilantro flavor. I realize this isn’t a terribly creative cocktail, but I didn’t want to add so many flavors that the cilantro was lost or mismatched. Did you know that some people can’t eat cilantro because they think it tastes like soap? I find it fascinating that there is not only an actual genetic difference that affects cilantro tasting (how random), but that “tasting like soap” is a universal sensation. I don’t that that I really know what soap tastes like exactly, but I guess we can all agree that we wouldn’t want it in our salsa. Lucky for me, I’m not on the soap team, so I am free to enjoy the this tasty drink.
If you don’t like cilantro, why not try one of these alternatives?
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 19, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016