This loaded Taco pizza is stuffed with beans and seasoned meat then topped with avocado, olives, and more!
I should go ahead and apologize right now for the excessive photos of this easy Mexican dinner. You don’t mind, right? It’s so dang colorful and cheesy and delicious looking that the camera loved it. So did we!
I remember getting Mexican pizzas at Taco Bell when I was a kid and thinking it was fast food rocket science. How clever to combine two of my favorite foods: tacos and pizza! I haven’t had their version in many years, but I do still remember them fondly. This week I wanted to make a version of my own. It’s not quite a copy-cat recipe since I would be basing it on a 25-year-old memory, but I do give good ol’ Taco Bell credit for the idea.
This version of taco pizza uses corn tortillas, not crispy ones, so it is best eaten with a fork. I did manage to hold and eat one piece like a regular slice of pizza, but the rest were a bit too soft. If you’re like me, you don’t really mind how the taco pizza gets to your mouth. These Mexican pizzas are very, very easy to make. Here, I’ll show you:
Got leftover taco meat? Try using it in this Creamy Mexican Dip!
Here’s another kind of Mexican pizza you might enjoy too!
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016