This loaded Taco pizza is stuffed with beans and seasoned meat then topped with avocado, olives, and more!
I should go ahead and apologize right now for the excessive photos of this easy Mexican dinner. You don’t mind, right? It’s so dang colorful and cheesy and delicious looking that the camera loved it. So did we!
I remember getting Mexican pizzas at Taco Bell when I was a kid and thinking it was fast food rocket science. How clever to combine two of my favorite foods: tacos and pizza! I haven’t had their version in many years, but I do still remember them fondly. This week I wanted to make a version of my own. It’s not quite a copy-cat recipe since I would be basing it on a 25-year-old memory, but I do give good ol’ Taco Bell credit for the idea.
This version of taco pizza uses corn tortillas, not crispy ones, so it is best eaten with a fork. I did manage to hold and eat one piece like a regular slice of pizza, but the rest were a bit too soft. If you’re like me, you don’t really mind how the taco pizza gets to your mouth. These Mexican pizzas are very, very easy to make. Here, I’ll show you:
Got leftover taco meat? Try using it in this Creamy Mexican Dip!
Here’s another kind of Mexican pizza you might enjoy too!
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016