This flavorful slow cooker chicken stroganoff recipe is easy to make in the afternoon, so you don’t have to rush to cook at the end of the day.
This is not your typical slow cooker recipe since it’s ready in about three hours and doesn’t need to cook all day. That makes it perfect for starting when you have time in the afternoon before the evening gets crazy with homework and soccer practice and all the other activities that make evenings hectic. (I’m lucky that so far my boys haven’t asked to start sports, but I fear it could be coming any day now!)
This recipe is a bit of a blank slate. You could add mushrooms with the chicken or peas with the cream cheese (so they don’t get overcooked). Since this is one of the few dinners both of my kids will eat, I keep it simple and serve vegetables on the side so my boys don’t start finding ingredients to complain about. I don’t like to mess with success when it comes to finding a recipe that they love!
If you want to try making your own Italian dressing mix instead of using the packaged version, I think this is the best recipe. I’ve done that the last couple times with excellent results, plus it’s way cheaper than buying the packets! I still haven’t tried a homemade cream of chicken soup recipe in place of the canned version. If you have a recipe you like, please share it in the comments!
You might also like…
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016