This flavorful slow cooker chicken stroganoff recipe is easy to make in the afternoon, so you don’t have to rush to cook at the end of the day.
This is not your typical slow cooker recipe since it’s ready in about three hours and doesn’t need to cook all day. That makes it perfect for starting when you have time in the afternoon before the evening gets crazy with homework and soccer practice and all the other activities that make evenings hectic. (I’m lucky that so far my boys haven’t asked to start sports, but I fear it could be coming any day now!)
This recipe is a bit of a blank slate. You could add mushrooms with the chicken or peas with the cream cheese (so they don’t get overcooked). Since this is one of the few dinners both of my kids will eat, I keep it simple and serve vegetables on the side so my boys don’t start finding ingredients to complain about. I don’t like to mess with success when it comes to finding a recipe that they love!
If you want to try making your own Italian dressing mix instead of using the packaged version, I think this is the best recipe. I’ve done that the last couple times with excellent results, plus it’s way cheaper than buying the packets! I still haven’t tried a homemade cream of chicken soup recipe in place of the canned version. If you have a recipe you like, please share it in the comments!
You might also like…
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016