Today I am bringing you one of my favorite dishes to date: Nachos with Homemade Taco Meat and Sriracha Cheese Sauce!
Usually when I make nachos (which is fairly regularly), I just sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake until melted. On the day I made these, I was in the mood for something different. I wanted something reminiscent of the concession stand nachos that come with a little sidecar of orange “cheese” for dipping, but I wanted it to be made from real ingredients.
This is actually two recipes, but they go so well together that I didn’t want to split up the pair. You could use this homemade taco meat recipe on its own for tacos, burritos, or Mexican dip. (Skip the taco seasoning packet!) The sriracha cheese sauce would be delicious drizzled over french fries, broccoli, baked potatoes… Why am I even providing a list here? What doesn’t taste better covered with cheese sauce?!
You might think chicken broth is an odd addition to nacho cheese sauce, but I’ll tell you why it’s in there. I actually made this twice, the first time with all milk, and it turned out a little sweet. I wanted to use the same amount of liquid without all the sweetness from the milk, and the chicken broth worked perfectly. The version I’m sharing here was SO GOOD! Of course you can adjust the sriracha (a hot sauce found in the Asian section of your grocery store) to taste or eliminate it completely if you are looking for something more mild. I should let you know that this cheese sauce thickens up quickly once it cools, which is not a problem once it’s on your chips, but it wouldn’t be a great choice for serving in an unheated bowl for dipping at a party. It is meant to be eaten right away, which will not be a problem. This cheesy goodness doesn’t last long!
Want more nachos? Your answer should be yes. Check out these!
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016