This moist, spicy pumpkin cake is at least as delicious as it is easy!
Hello! Are you here to see me or the cake? You don’t have to answer. I see that hungry look in your eye that says, “I want cake, but I don’t want to measure a bunch of stuff.” I’ve got you covered! Let me tell you right now that this recipe uses cake mix. I usually make things from scratch around here, but come on. Sometimes you want a SUPER quick and easy dessert, am I right?
This post is already longer than it needed to be. I could just say, “Stir together these three ingredients. Bake the cake. Eat it.” Yet, here I am still talking. I like to build anticipation I guess. This easy pumpkin cake could really be a two-ingredient recipe: pumpkin puree and gingerbread mix, but then you wouldn’t have all that spicy rum flavor! It is literally as easy as stirring together a box of gingerbread mix, a can of pumpkin, and a little rum. This gives you a moist, tasty snack cake that doesn’t need frosting.
If you want to fancy it up a bit, sprinkle powdered sugar over it as shown above. I am not proud to say that I literally ate almost this entire cake by myself in about two days. I mostly enjoyed it in little slivers at at time while standing over the pan in the kitchen. We all know that eating tiny pieces while standing nearly negates all cake calories. It’s when you get a plate and have a seat that your waistline is in trouble. On one occasion, I did treat us all to a sundae with a piece of pumpkin cake topped with ice cream and warm caramel sauce. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. That was about as good as it gets as far as I’m concerned. Good. Stuff. Don’t miss this one the next time you want a spicy fall treat with almost no effort!
Want more easy cake mix recipes? Here you go!
- Weekly Dinner Menu #175 Featuring Fish Tacos and Monte Cristo Sandwiches - May 28, 2016
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016