This quick and easy avocado corn salsa is perfect for dipping or serving on tacos! Keep reading for a chance to win two Master Chef cookbooks!
Hello! It’s Mystery Dish time again! If you haven’t seen this before, a group of 11 other bloggers and I use a list of ingredients and each come up with a recipe using at least three foods from the list. This month I am the host, which means I chose the ingredients! Here it is:
- gluten-free flour (coconut, rice, almond, etc.)
- red pepper flakes
- agave nectar
- parmesan cheese
I actually hadn’t decided what I was going to make yet and then realized I made these tuna tacos with avocado corn salsa that accidentally fit the bill! This salsa is so easy to make. You only need a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to be ready for dipping. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy, and a lot good. The salsa includes corn, agave nectar, and red pepper flakes from the ingredient list, and the fish in the tacos was a bonus ingredient. I found frozen ahi tuna steaks that were a real treat for this dinner. After thawing them in the refrigerator, I dried them well with paper towels, seasoned them with a dry BBQ rub, and seared them on all sides in a little oil in a very hot skillet. It had been too long since I enjoyed rare tuna. So good! If tuna’s not your thing, this salsa is delicious on its own with chips, or it would be great on chicken tacos too. Before I get to the full recipe, I want to show you what my Mystery Dish friends came up with. There are some amazing recipes in here that you should check out!
- Tuna Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa by The Weary Chef
- Blueberry Scones by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia by Culinary Couture
- Minty Berry Fruit Roll Ups by I Want Crazy
- Baked Blueberry Donuts by Chez CateyLou
- Hearty Minestrone Soup by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Blueberry Lemon Pannacotta with Pistachio Tuilles by Flavor the Moments
- Minty Turkey Meatballs with Quinoa by The Pajama Chef
- Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake by I Dig Pinterest
- Pistachio Drop Scones with Blueberry Compote by The Well Floured Kitchen
- Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Basil Vinaigrette by Baking a Moment
- Pistachio Crusted Tilapia and Peach Salad by Blahnik Baker
Today is actually the last in the current Mystery Dish series, but most of the crew will be continuing it. I am going to have to end here just because I am super busy these days with my boys and PTA jobs, but it has been a very fun project that I hope you have enjoyed reading. Our guest blogger this month is Marcie from Flavor the Moments. Marcie is a culinary school graduate and very talented, and she is going to carry the torch and continue Mystery Dish. Be sure to follow her to see what the ingredient list will be next month! To say goodbye to this phase of Mystery Dish, we have put together a cookbook giveaway for you! Enter to win here, and good luck!
Looking for more Mexican dip ideas? Try these!
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016