Hi! Are you excited about this holiday weekend? What are your plans for the 4th? We don’t have any yet, but I’m going to try to think of some fun things to do as soon as I finish telling you about seven tasty Summer Dinner Recipes.
We were in the country a few days this past week, which is east of San Francisco. Here in the city, it stays cool most of the year thanks to the ocean breeze and fog, but that is definitely not true when you drive inland. It was 95 flippin’ degrees at our country house, which is too hot to set foot outdoors if you ask me! I don’t know how I survived summers in Mississippi for my first 20 years. I’m such a wimp now about the heat! Since we’re back in SF, we could actually venture outside for the holiday weekend instead of hiding in the air conditioning. I just need to figure out what we’ll do!
If it’s hot where you are, you’ll be interested in this week’s menu of dinner recipes. None of these dishes require the oven, and some don’t need cooking at all! There are also a couple meals that are good for the grill if you are having a cookout this weekend. If you are, don’t forget to make Deviled Egg Potato Salad and Red White & Blue Fluff Salad to go with whatever you’re grilling!
Summer Dinner Recipes
- Stovetop Mac & Cheese with Leftover Pork – I used leftover rib meat for this recipe, but you could add in chicken or sausage if you have leftovers of those on hand.
- Ranch Turkey Club Salad – This is another one great for leftover turkey or chicken, or rotisserie chicken is perfect too. You can cook the bacon in the microwave if you don’t want to even turn on the stove!
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps – You can’t beat this one for a light and easy meal.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos – I love my crockpot in the summer!
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Chicken Legs – Everyone will love these savory drumsticks.
- Sriracha Ranch Chicken Salad – Have this on sandwiches or over lettuce.
- Jalapeno Popper Burgers – This will be your favorite new way to make burgers!
Leave a Reply