This week’s dinner menu features comfort food recipes including Cabbage Roll Casserole, Spicy Chicken Sliders, BBQ Chicken Salad, Enchiladas Verdes, and lots more!
Happy Halloween! I’d love to show you some cute costume photos, but this morning was too rushed for pictures. It’s raining too, so we were doing good to just get out the door. Maybe I’ll post some pics next Friday if you are interested, or you can follow me on Instagram where I usually share things like that.
This week’s recipes are all about hearty dinners, although there are some healthy dishes in there too. I love comfort food but usually try to lighten up the recipes when I can. If you’re looking for Halloween recipes for tonight, you can check out the festive dinner ideas I put together last week. Let’s get to the recipes!
- Good-for-You Meat and Potatoes Casserole – We had this twice this week because I wanted to improve the recipe a bit after the first time, and I know you will love this version! It’s actually really good for you, but it’s satisfying and filling too.
- Extra Cheesy Pumpkin Jalapeño Mac and Cheese – We tried this recipe by Brooklyn Farm Girl last week, and boy is it rich and delicious! You wouldn’t know there was pumpkin in there if someone didn’t tell you, but it does have a beautiful orange color. (Mine turned out more orange than Pamela’s pictured here.) You could serve this with Pear and Arugula Salad with Glazed Pecans for a nice fall meal.
- Spicy Chicken Sliders – I love chicken sandwiches, and these easy sandwiches you can make at home are better than you’d get at a lot of restaurants! Serve them up with homemade or frozen fries.
- One-Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole – What this dish lacks in looks it more than makes up for in aroma and flavor!
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas Verdes – I love me some enchiladas. These are rich and cheesy, but there’s a vegetable in there too so they’re good for you, right?
- BBQ Chicken Salad – Even salad can be comfort food when it’s loaded with chicken and bacon. You want this!
- Crab and Corn Chowder – You don’t need to live near the water to enjoy this flavorful soup that uses canned crab!
If you are celebrating Day of the Dead this weekend, don’t miss this Pomegranate Margarita and some Mexican dinner ideas I share after the recipe. Have a safe and fun Halloween, and I’ll talk to you next week.
[email protected] in the kitchen says
What a great menu plan! I especially love that crab and corn chowder. It looks delicious!!
Thank you, Renee!
Great Collection, thanks!
Thank you, Julie! Glad you like it :)
Thank you Andi. Have a Great Day, Halloween, and Week!
Thanks so much, Liz! Hope you had a nice Halloween! Now I’m excited to think about Thanksgiving :)