You will love this flavorful Cilantro Lime Hummus that doesn’t require a food processor!
I’m so excited to be the April Mystery Dish guest today! Mystery Dish is a group of bloggers who take turns each month choosing a list of foods, and everyone has to make a surprise dish using 2-3 ingredients from the list. Every month there is one guest blogger who gets to join in the fun, and I’m thrilled that Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy picked me! Here is the list of ingredients Jen put in her mystery box:
- garbanzo beans
- potatoes (any variety)
- dark chocolate
- ground turkey
After much back and forth, I latched onto the garbanzo beans and decided to make Cilantro Lime Hummus. This brings me to a question: Do you think every food blogger has a kitchen full of fancy appliances and gadgets? This one doesn’t! For example, I don’t have a doughnut pan, blender, or food processor. Maybe a doughnut can is a bit of a specialty item, but I think most people have a food processor on hand. If you don’t, I’m here to tell you that you can still make a delicious batch of hummus! I read that the earliest recipes for hummus date back to the 13th century, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t have KitchenAids back then! I do happen to have a mortar and pestle, and that’s what I used to mash the garbanzo beans for this chunky hummus. If you don’t have one, you can mash them on a large plate with a fork or potato masher. You know me and spicy food (love it!), so I couldn’t resist adding diced jalapeño to this recipe. I also stirred in a little Greek yogurt to add creaminess without using additional oil. This chunky hummus was good on pita, but next time I think I will eat it with tortilla chips instead!
Aren’t you excited to see what everyone else came up with for their Mystery Dish recipes? Check them out here!
- Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake by Culinary Couture
- Pineapple Cashew Quinoa “Fried Rice” by Blahnik Baker
- Chili Lime Popcorn by The Pajama Chef
- Cilantro Lime Hummus by The Weary Chef
- Gluten Free White Bean Brownies by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Homemade Popcorn with Cilantro Lime Butter by The Well Floured Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Chickpea Salad by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomato by Chez Catey Lou
- Key Lime Pie Popcorn by I Dig Pinterest
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole by I Want Crazy
- Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito by Baking a Moment
- Pretzel Caramel Crunch by The Dessert Chronicles