Do you love Ranch and chicken alfredo? Then this Creamy Ranch Chicken Pasta is a dream come true!
My love of ranch flavor used to be limited to dunking potato chips into dip made with store-bought ranch dressing mix and sour cream, and that was a rare treat. I think it was when I tried homemade buttermilk ranch dressing mix from this recipe at Robyn’s View that I started to expand my ranchy horizons. The mix is so easy to make, and you can do so much with it!
One of my fav ranch creations is this tasty, creamy pasta dish. It is quick and easy to make and a nice change from plain alfredo sauce. Speaking of alfredo sauce, I made a bad one the other night when we were staying in the country. For some reason I am a worse cook there! The altitude is over 3,000 feet, and I don’t know if that makes a difference. I also have a different stove, pans, and a limited spice cabinet. I have been cooking in my same kitchen for over 15 years, so maybe a new home takes some getting used to. Do you feel like you have to adjust to cooking in a different kitchen?
Don’t worry though. This is a tried and true recipe that I developed a long time ago at my own house :) I’ve made it many times since, and I hope you will make it soon in your own kitchen. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know how you like it!
- 12–14 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or fresh if you have it
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 yellow squash cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1–1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese reduced fat is fine
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix homemade or from a packet
- 2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Mix olive oil, dill, salt, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add diced chicken, and stir to coat.
- Spray 12″ skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Saute chicken until cooked through, then add squash. Cook for 2 more minutes, and remove chicken and squash to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium-high heat in the same skillet used for the chicken. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Add chicken broth about ¼ c. at a time, whisking well until smooth before adding more. Slowly stir in milk, whisking constantly. Simmer and whisk frequently until bubbly and thickened.
- Add cream cheese and ranch mix, and whisk into sauce until combined. Spoon chicken and squash into sauce, leaving excess liquid behind. Add spinach, and gently simmer and stir sauce for 3-5 minutes, until spinach is wilted and chicken is heated through. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir drained pasta into sauce and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Pasta
True Ranch lovers will enjoy these recipes too!