Thank you to Smart & Final for sponsoring this fun recipe for Cheeseburger Boats! September is National Family Meals Month, and this recipe will be perfect for busy school nights.
Do you try to have family dinners at your house? I’m very fortunate to be able to stay home with my kids, so I see them A LOT. I know many parents work out of the house and only see their kids for a few precious hours each day, and that’s when eating dinner as a family is especially important!
The dinner table is a perfect place to talk about each other’s days, share stories, ask questions, and of course enjoy a good meal. Now that my kids are older, we eat together as a family pretty much every night. It’s always great to sit down together to eat together and talk.
Did you know that September is National Family Meals Month? This is a great time to remember that family meals eaten at home have been proven to benefit the health and wellness of kids. Eating together as a family has been proven to fight obesity and substance abuse while making families stronger. Smart & Final is working to get the word out about Family Meals Month to remind everyone to take time to eat together at home, and I partnered with them to bring you this easy dinner recipe!
Speaking of Smart & Final, did you know they have their own natural and organic brand now called Sun Harvest? I’m so excited about this! I already love their store because of the warehouse prices with no membership fee. I like to buy their First Street brand for its quality and value, but I like to buy organic meats and other ingredients when I can. Now they have me covered on that too!
Clearly I don’t buy all organic ingredients since this recipe includes dry soup mix. If you want to skip the soup mix, you could season the meat yourself like in this Cheeseburger Salad recipe. I like shortcuts like seasoning mixes sometimes though when I’m extra weary. These Cheeseburger Boats are so simple to make, and kids could even help with the assembly to get some extra family time. Have fun with this recipe, and enjoy National Family Meals Month!Print
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 packet onion soup mix
- 6 slices provolone cheese slices
- 12 dinner rolls
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, and break it up with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle soup mix over the meat, and stir in. Cook until meat is cooked through.
- Carefully use a serrated knife to cut the top/center of each dinner roll to make a little bread boat. Cut cheese slices into quarters.
- Scoop meat evenly into each hollowed roll. Place two quarters over each roll to cover the meat. Arrange filled cheese burger boats onto a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is slightly browned. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
Thank you again to Smart & Final for sponsoring today’s recipe!