These Cherry Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are as delicious as they are beautiful!
Thanksgiving is funny because it requires so much work for one huge meal, but then I hardly cook for days afterward because there are so many leftovers. These chocolate crinkle cookies are just about all I’ve made since Thursday! I love crinkle cookies because of their beautiful crackled powdered sugar tops and soft texture, but I had never actually made them myself. I’ve been eyeing a recipe in my favorite Betty Crocker cookbook for years, and I wanted to finally try it but with a twist. Since I love chocolate-covered cherries, I decided to add some cherry flavor to these tasty chocolate cookies.
The cherry flavor in these cookies is subtle, but you could add even more maraschino cherries to the mix if you want it to be stronger. The dough is quite soft, so you need to handle it a bit delicately when you coat the dough balls in powdered sugar. I’ll show you how in this quick video before I get to the full recipe.
I would be happy to enjoy these chocolate cherry cookies any time of year, but they will be especially perfect for holiday cookie exchanges and goodie bags. Enjoy!
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
Looking for more cookie recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016
- Red White and Blue Fluff Salad - July 1, 2016
- Spicy Mac and Cheese with Pork - June 28, 2016