Don’t miss this fun mocktail recipe, which puts a fun spin on mimosas. Perfect for kids and adults!
My friend Cathy at Lemon Tree Dwelling is expecting her fourth baby girl next month! There are many questions I have about this like:
- How did she get FOUR girls? As you know, I have two boys and am convinced that if I had more they would all be boys. I think that’s the only kind of kid I make.
- How is she such an amazing blogger with three (soon to be four) kids to take care of? I can barely keep up as it is. I think #1 must be a factor.
All I can say is that Cathy is one talented, lucky lady, and I am really excited to help her celebrate her pending arrival with a virtual baby shower! Some of her blogging buddies are all surprising her this morning with recipes we made just for her!
I happen to know that Cathy is fond of cocktails, but of course she has to stick to mocktails for another few weeks. What better treat for her than this fun “mom”osa? If you have to leave out the champagne, you might as well get sherbet out of the deal, am I right? This special drink will make kids super happy too! I do recommend serving it with a straw (not shown here) to stir in the sherbet as it melts. Oh, and be set up for refills because it’s hard to drink just one!
- ½ gallon orange sherbet
- ½ gallon orange juice
- 1 liter sparkling mineral water with orange essence (not sweetened)
- To make individual drinks, fill champagne glass about ½ full with sherbet. Pour in orange juice to cover the sherbet, and then top with sparkling water. Serve with a straw for stirring.
- To make as a punch, add sherbet to a large punch bowl, and break it up a bit with a spoon. Pour orange juice in, and then slowly pour in sparkling water. Stir with serving ladle frequently as you serve.
See all the virtual shower recipes here:
- Lemon Raspberry Cookie Sandwiches by Life Love and Sugar
- Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Your Homebased Mom
- Lemon Yogurt Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy
- Orange-Raspberry Mini Toaster Strudels by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Wine and Glue
- Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says
- Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Beyond Frosting
- Strawberries and Cream Cheese Ball Bites by Five Heart Home
- Pig Pickin’ Cake by Sugar Dish Me
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie by Lemons for Lulu
- Creamy Shrimp Dip by Mostly Homemade Mom
- Salted Butterscotch Coffee Cake by Julie’s Eats and Treats
- Strawberry Cake by The NY Melrose Family
- Frozen Chocolate S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Pink When
- Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf by Spoonful of Flavor
- Fiesta Rice Skillet by The Grant Life
- Raspberry Ripple Lemon Bundt Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ooey Gooey Orange Creamsicle Bars by The Gunny Sack
- Mixed Berries with Honey Maple Mascarpone by Joyful Healthy Eats
- Rosewater Almond Macaroons by Little Miss Celebration
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust