Think you need a grill to enjoy great kebabs? Think again because you can make this tasty skewered pineapple chicken recipe in the oven!
I recently asked you guys what you like to grill, and there were so many tasty responses! Many of you said steak, which is one of my favorites too, but lots of folks suggested chicken and fruits like peaches and pineapple. All those ideas made me hungry for some chicken kebabs, so I whipped up these chicken pineapple skewers for dinner last night.
If you’re a regular here, you know that I don’t actually have a grill. I do, however, have an oven with a broiler, which works just fine thank you very much! The instructions below tell you how to make these chicken kebabs in the oven, but of course they would be great on the grill instead. However you cook them, I recommend serving them with this very quick and easy avocado lime rice.
The hot sauce I used in the marinade is not the vinegary kind like Tabasco. I found it in the Hispanic section of the grocery store, and it’s made by La Victoria. It contains tomatoes and has a different kind of flavor than Tabasco, so I recommend using something similar for best results. This pineapple chicken recipe is bursting with citrus flavor, a little spicy, and perfect for summer!
You will definitely want to check out these other savory pineapple recipes!
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016