This quick and easy taco salad recipe is perfect for weeknights. The meat is also good for tacos, burritos, or nachos!
Today is my birthday, and I’m proclaiming that I deserve a day off. That’s why I’m dusting off this oldie but goodie and pretending like it’s a new recipe. The old photos were so unappetizing that it’s been shoved to the back of the vault for a while, so it’s practically new. I’ve been making taco salad this way for years and years, and it was one of the first recipes I shared with you here on The Weary Chef. It deserves to be shown off!
Not only does this recipe make for tasty and healthy taco salad, the leftover meat can be used in tacos, burritos, or nachos. This easy taco salad recipe is great for nights when you are in a hurry because you can get it on the table in about 20 minutes. I make my own taco seasoning mix now, but you can use a packet of taco seasoning instead if you prefer. I hope you enjoy this fun, quick, and easy dinner!
- 12 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1–1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (or make your own)
- 14 ounces red kidney beans canned, drained
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn canned, drained (or 1/2-c. frozen corn)
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes canned, drained (use Rotel if you like spicy)
- corn chips
- salsa I like Herdez brand
- sour cream optional
- grated Mexican cheese blend optional
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble turkey over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- When turkey is almost done, add seasoning mix, beans, corn, and tomatoes. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- To serve, place a bed of lettuce in each large salad bowl. Top with meat mixture, crushed corn chips, and desired toppings (salsa, sour cream, grated cheese).
You can substitute 1 pound of diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the ground turkey.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican
I think you’ll also be interested in these recipes: