Your family will love these fish and chips sandwiches, and you will love how quick and easy they are to make!
I know the “chips” in fish and chips are usually French fries, but I wanted to have fun with the name and make this crunchtastic sandwich. Not sure about putting chips on bread? Just serve them on the side and let everyone add them if they please. I think you will love the added crunch! Serve these babies up with fresh fruit.Print
Fish and Chips Sandwich
These fun and tasty sandwiches with fish sticks, potato chips, and homemade tartar sauce will please the whole family!
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 20 frozen fish sticks alter amount based on the size of your fish and bread
- 1/4 c. greek yogurt low fat is fine
- 1/4 c. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. dill relish
- 8 slices sandwich bread I used sourdough
- 2 c. salt and vinegar kettle-cooked potato chips (or substitute plain chips if preferred)
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 3 c. chopped butter or romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray. Bake fish sticks 20 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, and relish. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over all slices of bread.
- For each sandwich, arrange a single layer of chips on one slice of bread. Arrange lettuce over chips, fish sticks over lettuce, and then top with tomato slices. Place the other slice of bread on top, cut in half, and serve.
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
You’ll also love these:
Andi, this is such a fabulous sandwich!! I just love the chips in the middle! When I was a kid, I used to eat may sammies with Doritos in them!
Thanks, Tanya! I don’t think this will be my last chips sandwich recipe around here ;) My husband LOVED this one!
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron says
What a super fun idea! I’m obsessed with sandwiches, but my husband gets bored of them way quick. I’m sure he’d love it if I whipped out these :) Pinned!
Hi, Chelsea! We’re sort of the opposite. My husband could eat sandwiches for lunch and dinner five days a week, but I need my sandwiches to be different or elaborate to not think they are boring. Thanks a lot for pinning!
[email protected] says
This is such a great idea, Andi, and my kids would devour this! So would us grown-ups. :)
Thank you, Marcie! I need to come up with more ideas for chip sandwiches :)
This sandwich looks fantastic Andi! Fish sticks with crunchy chips sound awesome together especially with the creamy yogurt relish sauce!
Thanks so much, Kelly! You are over there making gorgeous doughnuts, and I’m putting chips on sandwiches. We all have our talents I guess ;)
Gloria // Simply Gloria says
Andi, love how you used Greek yogurt in with the sauce… it all looks so divine! Love me a good fish sandwich!
Thanks, Gloria! I was happy that the lightened-up tartar sauce turned out to be tasty.
Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy says
SO. AWESOME. I can’t even get over the concept of a fish sandwich with potato chips on it! Love this, Andi!
Thank you, Jen! Get some chips on your sandwich ASAP. You’ll love it!