Get ready for a bubbly, refreshing treat: The Green Fizz Midori Cocktail! No one can feel sad when they have a tall, cool, bubbly green cocktail in their hand. Seriously, just look at this thing! I feel happier just looking at the photo. If you are having a rough day or week too, I hope you will treat yourself to a cool, refreshing Green Fizz and count your blessings. Want a mocktail version? Skip the Midori and vodka and use lemon-lime soda instead of seltzer!
How has your week been? I would like to say mine has been great, but it kinda hasn’t. I’ve been sick. My kids and husband have been sick. There has been family drama and hurt feelings. Our washing machine broke. Blah, blah, whining, blah. It’s times like these that I remind myself that there are many people with real, terrible problems in their lives.
So what if we have to buy a new washing machine even though the one we have is only a few years old? We are healthy (except for a bad cold) and fortunate. Thinking about all the ways I am lucky makes me realize that my little problems will pass and are really not a big deal. You know what else helps me feel better? A cocktail.Print
- 1 kiwi peeled and cut into 1/4” slices
- 1/2 cored green apple cut into 1/4” slices
- 2 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 2 oz. vodka
- 6–8 oz. seltzer water
- Fill two 12-oz glasses 2/3 full of ice.
- Add half of apple and kiwi slices to each glass, working the apple slices into the ice.
- Pour 1 oz. Midori and 1 oz. vodka into each glass.
- Top with seltzer, and gently stir, breaking up the kiwi a bit to release the flavor.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
This would also be great with honeydew melon balls!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Cocktail
Keywords: Midori Cocktail
These cocktails will cheer you up too: