Friday Happy Hour: Fresh Margarita Recipe
31 Jan 2013
Each Thursday, I will post a cocktail recipe in preparation for Friday Happy Hour. The best place to start is with my all-time favorite, the fresh margarita. When I talk about Fiesta Night at our house, half the fun is the food, and the other half is the cocktails, typically these babies. You will not find margarita mix at The Weary Chef’s house. These authentic cocktails are tart, strong, and delicious. I strongly prefer a generously salted rim with fine sea salt, but salt or don’t salt according to your taste.
- 150 ml fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
- 175 ml decent tequila
- 75 ml Cointreau or other good orange liqueur
- 50 ml light agave nectar, or to taste
- salt for rim, optional
- Squeeze lime juice into glass measuring cup. Add tequila, Cointreau, and agave nectar. Stir well. Taste and add more agave nectar to taste if desired.
- To salt glass, rub cut lime around outer edge, coating the top ½” well with lime juice. Pour about a teaspoon of salt in the palm of your hand, and roll outer edge of glass in salt until coated.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour, sip, pucker, smile.