This Asian Noodle Soup is perfect for soothing a sore throat, but you don’t need to be sick to enjoy it!
Toddlers and preschoolers are always sick. I remember when my oldest was two and three years old, I couldn’t tell when one cold ended and the next one began. Now we’re in the same situation with my youngest. I do think there’s truth to the whole “they’re building up their immune system” thing because my oldest rarely gets sick now that he’s seven. It’s like he got every cold bug possible early on, and now he’s the man of steel.
I usually manage to dodge the colds too, which is a good thing since moms don’t have time to be sick. My husband, on the other hand, pretty much catches everything our preschooler brings home. When he’s not feeling well, this Asian noodle soup is a perfect dinner. The savory broth with ginger is great for soothing sore throats or warming up on cool nights. If you prefer, you can make it with chicken instead of shrimp. I’m sure this noodle soup will become a favorite in your house too!
Adapted from Asian Chicken Noodle Soup at Eat, Live, Run. Please visit her to see the original version and more great recipes.
Here are a few of my must-haves for Asian cooking!
These are affiliate links, so I earn a small commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Weary Chef!
Want more easy Asian recipes? Try these!
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016
- 7 Ways to Make Recipes Healthier - June 7, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #176 - June 3, 2016