This Asian Noodle Soup is perfect for soothing a sore throat, but you don’t need to be sick to enjoy it!
Toddlers and preschoolers are always sick. I remember when my oldest was two and three years old, I couldn’t tell when one cold ended and the next one began. Now we’re in the same situation with my youngest. I do think there’s truth to the whole “they’re building up their immune system” thing because my oldest rarely gets sick now that he’s seven. It’s like he got every cold bug possible early on, and now he’s the man of steel.
I usually manage to dodge the colds too, which is a good thing since moms don’t have time to be sick. My husband, on the other hand, pretty much catches everything our preschooler brings home. When he’s not feeling well, this Asian noodle soup is a perfect dinner. The savory broth with ginger is great for soothing sore throats or warming up on cool nights. If you prefer, you can make it with chicken instead of shrimp. I’m sure this noodle soup will become a favorite in your house too!
Adapted from Asian Chicken Noodle Soup at Eat, Live, Run. Please visit her to see the original version and more great recipes.
Here are a few of my must-haves for Asian cooking!
These are affiliate links, so I earn a small commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Weary Chef!
Want more easy Asian recipes? Try these!
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016