This Asian Rice Noodle Soup is perfect for soothing a sore throat, but you don’t need to be sick to enjoy it!
Toddlers and preschoolers are always sick. I remember when my oldest was two and three years old, I couldn’t tell when one cold ended and the next one began. Now we’re in the same situation with my youngest. I do think there’s truth to the whole “they’re building up their immune system” thing because my oldest rarely gets sick now that he’s seven. It’s like he got every cold bug possible early on, and now he’s the man of steel.
I usually manage to dodge the colds too, which is a good thing since moms don’t have time to be sick. My husband, on the other hand, pretty much catches everything our preschooler brings home. (I don’t know what happened to his immune-system-building preschool years…) When he’s not feeling well, this rice noodle soup is a perfect dinner. The savory broth with ginger is great for soothing sore throats or warming up on cool nights. If you prefer, you can make it with chicken instead of shrimp. I’m sure this noodle soup will become a favorite in your house too!
Here are a few of my must-haves for Asian cooking!
These are affiliate links, so I earn a small commission from any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting The Weary Chef!
Want more easy Asian recipes? Try these!
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016