This post was not supposed to be about Mounds Bar cookies. This was supposed to be about Robin’s Egg cookies. You know, those colorful malted-milk ball eggs sold at Easter time? Well, I made said cookies, and I didn’t think they were good enough to share the recipe. The candy coating did weird things in the oven, and the malted milk part got really hard and chewy, but not the good kind of chewy.
OK, fine. No Robin’s Egg cookies. Then how about Whoppers cookies? Still malted milk balls, but only chocolate on the outside instead of unnaturally colored candy. Sounded perfect, but again, I didn’t think the recipe was worthy of sharing. The Whoppers had the same problem as the others: Malted milk balls get really hard and chewy when baked. Not what I was going for.
We managed to eat all of those “failures,” but I was determined to make a better cookie involving candy. I don’t know where I got this candy cookie motivation in the first place because I don’t even like candy that much. I have big bags of untouched Halloween candy in the pantry right now that I will eventually throw away and feel guilty about being so wasteful. OK, back to the Mounds Bar cookies. After giving up on malted milk balls, I thought of what other candy I like, and I came up with Mounds. You really can’t go wrong with dark chocolate and coconut. (And no, I don’t feel like a nut, but you can sub in Almond Joy if you do.) This time, we have a winner, and I am excited to share this Mounds stuffed cookie with you. I hope you will give the recipe a try and let me know how you like it!
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
Want more candy goodness? Give these recipes a try!
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016