These Black and White Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chunks of dark and white chocolate. These rich cookies will surely satisfy your chocolate craving!
The Pants used to work near a bakery called Specialty’s, and he would sometimes bring home cookies for an after-dinner treat. His favorites were the Black and White cookies, dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chunks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Oatmeal Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip, but it’s a tough call. I’ve recently seen a nice recipe for black and white cookies.
I urge you to go over and check out Kristan’s post, not only to see the original recipe but because she is a very smart, funny writer. Armed with this new recipe, The Short One and I marched right down to Trader Joe’s to get a white chocolate bar. They had at least a dozen varieties of chocolate bars, none of them white. Fortunately, this particular TJs is adjacent to a mall, so we strolled over to See’s Candies to get white chocolate there. No luck. Now, I’ll admit that I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but come on! Doesn’t anyone sell this stuff? Luckily, all hope wasn’t lost because we were also near a Godiva store. There we found a White Chocolate Vanilla Bean bar. Perfect!
Although the Specialty’s version and Kristan’s version only have white chocolate chunks, I didn’t want to stop there. My recipe for black and white cookies features extra dark chocolate AND white chocolate chunks for your chocolatey pleasure. One bite and you’ll be hooked. Four cookies later you might feel a little sick, but it will be worth it. I promise.Print
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3.5 ounces white chocolate cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate bar cut into 1/2″ chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer on medium-low speed or by hand.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue mixing until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, and mix on low speed (or stir) until combined. Dough will be very stiff.
- Add chocolate chunks, and stir to incorporate.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Use a large cookie scoop to place cookies about 2″ apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, or until centers are set.
- Cool for a few minutes on the pan, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Dessert
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
<br /> <br />
Want more chocolate in your life? Me too! Try these recipes: