This savory Green Bean Casserole is made with a homemade creamy mushroom sauce and topped with crispy onion rings for a side dish to remember!
How did rolling the clocks back go for you? I can tell you that the fall time change is pretty brutal when you have early birds. My boys were up at 4am that first day! At least I went to bed early the night before, so it wasn’t as bad as it sounds, and I’m sure we’ll all adjust soon enough. When you’re up early, it is nice to not have to wait until 7:30am for the sun to come up. It’s hard to spring out of bed when the sun won’t be shining for hours! I actually really like this time change once we’re settled into it because the early sunset makes me finally feel like fall is here. The boys and I suddenly feel like we have a nightlife when it’s dark at 5pm since that’s about as late as we’re ever out. I’m also excited to think about the upcoming holidays, especially the feast that is Thanksgiving. Do you cook the same things year after year for Thanksgiving or change it up? We have our standards like turkey, dressing, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole, but sometimes I try making them in different ways. I think this green bean casserole is going to be the winner for this year’s turkey day. The sauce is made from scratch instead of the good ol’ cream of mushroom soup version (although I love that classic one too!), and the crispy onion rings on top are way better than canned fried onions. You could add diced chicken to this casserole to make it a one-dish dinner, serve it as a side for a holiday meal, take it to a potluck, or just have it on the side any time of year. Whenever you decide to enjoy this green bean casserole, I hope your family loves it!Want more green bean recipes? Give these a try!
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016
- Red White and Blue Fluff Salad - July 1, 2016
- Spicy Mac and Cheese with Pork - June 28, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016