This week’s easy dinner menu features Slow Cooker Beans and Rice, Chicken Potato Skins, Caprese Chicken Panini, and lots more!
Hello there! I’m excited that it’s Friday because I’m excited to show you some new recipes! Not only do I have some tasty new dishes here, I also am going to send you on a couple field trips. I have a new sandwich recipe up as a contributor post at Julie’s Eats and Treats and am recommending a soup recipe we tried and loved from Lemon Tree Dwelling. If you haven’t visited them before, I bet you’ll find a lot more recipes you’d like to try while you’re there.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Beans and Rice with Pork – Dinner doesn’t get much easier than this tasty dish. It’s kinda like red beans and rice except with pinto beans and salsa. The best part is that the rice cooks right in the slow cooker so it’s completely ready to eat at dinner time with no extra prep!
- Caprese Chicken Panini – This is the sandwich I shared at Julie’s Eats and Treats today. I made it in my waffle iron, but you can also make several at a time in the oven if you don’t have a panini press or waffle iron or want to get dinner done in a hurry. It uses a lot of the same ingredients as the next recipe coming up, which makes sure no leftovers go to waste in your fridge!
- Margherita Chicken Potato Skins – These could be a party food but are also a filling, wholesome dinner. Save the scooped out potatoes to make mashed potatoes to go with the next recipe in the lineup!
- Pinwheel Steaks with Spinach – This meal looks super fancy, but it’s simple to make! It will go great with those mashed potatoes I mentioned in #3.
- Blender Black Bean Soup by Lemon Tree Dwelling– If you have a blender or large food processor, this recipe is so, so simple. You throw in all the ingredients, blend it up, and heat it in a saucepan. I topped mine with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream. Very tasty dinner!
- Asian Fish with Vegetables – This is always one of my go-to recipes. We absolutely love it, and you can use whatever fish is available in your area (salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia, you name it).
- Chicken and Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries – This salad is a great dinner even on cool fall evenings. The dried cranberries and wild rice give it a nice texture, and it’s hearty enough for even the hungriest husbands and kids!