Have you ever wondered how to make preserves? It’s easier than you think! Keep reading to find out how.
Hi! Let me just cut right to the chase. Actually, wait just one second before we get to the business of berry preserves. Why do people say, “cut to the chase”?? I know it means to get to the point, but where did it come from? I checked Wikipedia and some other sources, and it turns out that it came from the silent film industry! Apparently most silent movies featured an exciting car chase, and studio executives wanted to skip the boring stuff and “cut to the chase.” Now you know!
Let’s talk about how to make preserves. This recipe seems like a million miles away from what I would usually bring you. For one thing, making homemade preserves sounds way too fussy for a weary chef. For another thing, any sort of canning or preserving usually gives me a panic attack. I don’t want the words sterilization or botulism to be involved with my cooking. That’s waaaaaay too much pressure! Don’t worry. These are “ready to eat” preserves that don’t require canning, and they couldn’t be much easier, even for weary people like me.
All you need are frozen berries, a little water, and a little agave nectar to make these easy preserves that are just right for drizzling over waffles or ice cream or spreading on a sandwich. They are ready to eat immediately, so no actual preserving is necessary, but they will keep in your fridge for a couple weeks. Check out the recipe below!
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 19, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016