Homemade pumpkin waffles are filled with brown sugar-cinnamon cream cheese for a treat just right for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Wait, did you get that? Pumpkin. Waffles. Cream Cheese. Be still my beating heart! We got a waffle iron a while ago, and I think I’ve used it maybe four times total. I imagined myself making waffles for the family every weekend and thought it would be easier than pancakes. I guess it’s kind of easier because there’s no flipping, but making one waffle at a time doesn’t really make it easy to have breakfast as a family. The waffles only stay crisp for a few minutes, so if you wait until they are all done to eat, you have soft waffles. There’s nothing wrong with soft waffles, but I like them best when they are a little crisp on the outside.
I was long overdue to make something with my waffle iron! I actually made these the same day as the biscuit panini sandwiches last week, so the waffle iron definitely got a workout! This recipe is easy, but it does take a while to make all the waffles. That’s time well spent if you ask me because I loved these things! We ate them like little sandwiches out of the refrigerator, but I suppose you could serve them warm with syrup on top. I’m going to try that next time for sure. If you are looking for a good pumpkin waffle recipe, you should definitely add this one to your list to try. Just skip the cream cheese part and enjoy the waffles on their own!
Adapted from Spiced Pumpkin Waffles from food.com.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? You’ll love these recipes!
- Avocado Salsa Chicken Recipe - September 27, 2016
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016