Homemade pumpkin waffles are filled with brown sugar-cinnamon cream cheese for a treat just right for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Wait, did you get that? Pumpkin. Waffles. Cream Cheese. Be still my beating heart! We got a waffle iron a while ago, and I think I’ve used it maybe four times total. I imagined myself making waffles for the family every weekend and thought it would be easier than pancakes. I guess it’s kind of easier because there’s no flipping, but making one waffle at a time doesn’t really make it easy to have breakfast as a family. The waffles only stay crisp for a few minutes, so if you wait until they are all done to eat, you have soft waffles. There’s nothing wrong with soft waffles, but I like them best when they are a little crisp on the outside.
I was long overdue to make something with my waffle iron! I actually made these the same day as the biscuit panini sandwiches last week, so the waffle iron definitely got a workout! This recipe is easy, but it does take a while to make all the waffles. That’s time well spent if you ask me because I loved these things! We ate them like little sandwiches out of the refrigerator, but I suppose you could serve them warm with syrup on top. I’m going to try that next time for sure. If you are looking for a good pumpkin waffle recipe, you should definitely add this one to your list to try. Just skip the cream cheese part and enjoy the waffles on their own!
Adapted from Spiced Pumpkin Waffles from food.com.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? You’ll love these recipes!
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016