Homemade pumpkin waffles are filled with brown sugar-cinnamon cream cheese for a treat just right for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Wait, did you get that? Pumpkin. Waffles. Cream Cheese. Be still my beating heart! We got a waffle iron a while ago, and I think I’ve used it maybe four times total. I imagined myself making waffles for the family every weekend and thought it would be easier than pancakes. I guess it’s kind of easier because there’s no flipping, but making one waffle at a time doesn’t really make it easy to have breakfast as a family. The waffles only stay crisp for a few minutes, so if you wait until they are all done to eat, you have soft waffles. There’s nothing wrong with soft waffles, but I like them best when they are a little crisp on the outside.
I was long overdue to make something with my waffle iron! I actually made these the same day as the biscuit panini sandwiches last week, so the waffle iron definitely got a workout! This recipe is easy, but it does take a while to make all the waffles. That’s time well spent if you ask me because I loved these things! We ate them like little sandwiches out of the refrigerator, but I suppose you could serve them warm with syrup on top. I’m going to try that next time for sure. If you are looking for a good pumpkin waffle recipe, you should definitely add this one to your list to try. Just skip the cream cheese part and enjoy the waffles on their own!
Adapted from Spiced Pumpkin Waffles from food.com.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? You’ll love these recipes!
- Best Side Dishes for Fried Chicken - May 30, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #175 Featuring Fish Tacos and Monte Cristo Sandwiches - May 28, 2016
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016