Homemade pumpkin waffles are filled with brown sugar-cinnamon cream cheese for a treat just right for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Wait, did you get that? Pumpkin. Waffles. Cream Cheese. Be still my beating heart! We got a waffle iron a while ago, and I think I’ve used it maybe four times total. I imagined myself making waffles for the family every weekend and thought it would be easier than pancakes. I guess it’s kind of easier because there’s no flipping, but making one waffle at a time doesn’t really make it easy to have breakfast as a family. The waffles only stay crisp for a few minutes, so if you wait until they are all done to eat, you have soft waffles. There’s nothing wrong with soft waffles, but I like them best when they are a little crisp on the outside.
I was long overdue to make something with my waffle iron! I actually made these the same day as the biscuit panini sandwiches last week, so the waffle iron definitely got a workout! This recipe is easy, but it does take a while to make all the waffles. That’s time well spent if you ask me because I loved these things! We ate them like little sandwiches out of the refrigerator, but I suppose you could serve them warm with syrup on top. I’m going to try that next time for sure. If you are looking for a good pumpkin waffle recipe, you should definitely add this one to your list to try. Just skip the cream cheese part and enjoy the waffles on their own!
Adapted from Spiced Pumpkin Waffles from food.com.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness? You’ll love these recipes!
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016