Wouldn’t you love to sip on a warm, chocolatey Spiked Mocha Cocktail when you are relaxing on a cool evening? Don’t worry about the caffeine before bed because all the coffee flavor in this tasty dessert cocktail comes from coffee liqueur. I will pass on some advice about this drink that no one but me would probably ever need: Don’t make this at 3:00 in the afternoon so you can take pictures in daylight, then put it in your refrigerator for later because you have to be a responsible adult, then forget about it until the next day, and then try to reheat it in the microwave.
This is not a make-ahead recipe, folks. I tried out this scenario, and some horrible separating and clumping things happened that you want no part of. Just make it and drink it right away, m’kay? Cheers!Print
- 8 oz. milk
- 2 tbsp. hot cocoa powder
- 1 oz. coffee liqueur like Kahlua or Patron
- 1/2 oz. vodka
- mini marshmallows optional
- chocolate syrup optional
- whipped cream optional
- In a microwave-safe mug, heat milk on high for 2 minutes.
- Add hot cocoa powder, and stir very well until dissolved. Stir in coffee liqueur and vodka.
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, and/or a drizzle of chocolate sauce as you see fit. Sip, smile, and repeat.
Feel free to use vanilla, whipped cream, caramel, or any other flavored vodka that sounds good to you!
- Prep Time: 3
- Category: Cocktails and Other Drinks
- Cuisine: International
I have more mocha goodness for you here: