I hear that mojitos should never be ordered in a bar, possibly never consumed at all. Rubbish I say, or at least that’s what I would say if I was British and dignified. The fact is, I’m sadly un-British and undignified, and I make cocktails myself, spending my evenings relaxing at home and not annoying bartenders with my drink order. As home bartenders, we can make drinks with as much vegetation as we dang well please, so I bring you the mojito.
While I can’t say that I make mojitos nearly as much as margaritas, I do like them for a light change. Margaritas are pretty boozy and limey, but mojitos taste much lighter. They are more like cool, sipping drinks. If I wanted to a cocktail to go with tacos for lunch or a get together with light appetizers, I would choose the mojito for sure.
I’m a big fan of dark rum because of the added spiciness. It’s no surprise since I’m also a big fan of drambuie. Why just have rum or scotch when you can have it with extra depth of flavor? I don’t think most white rum tastes like much of anything, but this dark rum mojito has it going on. I think you will love the spicy flavor too, and it blends perfectly with fresh mint. Cheers!
Here are more tasty rum cocktails for your sipping pleasure:
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016
- Red White and Blue Fluff Salad - July 1, 2016
- Spicy Mac and Cheese with Pork - June 28, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016