I hear that mojitos should never be ordered in a bar, possibly never consumed at all. Rubbish I say, or at least that’s what I would say if I was British and dignified. The fact is, I’m sadly un-British and undignified, and I make cocktails myself, spending my evenings relaxing at home and not annoying bartenders with my drink order. As home bartenders, we can make drinks with as much vegetation as we dang well please, so I bring you the mojito.
While I can’t say that I make mojitos nearly as much as margaritas, I do like them for a light change. Margaritas are pretty boozy and limey, but mojitos taste much lighter. They are more like cool, sipping drinks. If I wanted to a cocktail to go with tacos for lunch or a get together with light appetizers, I would choose the mojito for sure.
I’m a big fan of dark rum because of the added spiciness. It’s no surprise since I’m also a big fan of drambuie. Why just have rum or scotch when you can have it with extra depth of flavor? I don’t think most white rum tastes like much of anything, but this dark rum mojito has it going on. I think you will love the spicy flavor too, and it blends perfectly with fresh mint. Cheers!
Here are more tasty rum cocktails for your sipping pleasure:
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016
- 7 Ways to Make Recipes Healthier - June 7, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #176 - June 3, 2016