I hear that mojitos should never be ordered in a bar, possibly never consumed at all. Rubbish I say, or at least that’s what I would say if I was British and dignified. The fact is, I’m sadly un-British and undignified, and I make cocktails myself, spending my evenings relaxing at home and not annoying bartenders with my drink order. As home bartenders, we can make drinks with as much vegetation as we dang well please, so I bring you the mojito.
While I can’t say that I make mojitos nearly as much as margaritas, I do like them for a light change. Margaritas are pretty boozy and limey, but mojitos taste much lighter. They are more like cool, sipping drinks. If I wanted to a cocktail to go with tacos for lunch or a get together with light appetizers, I would choose the mojito for sure.
I’m a big fan of dark rum because of the added spiciness. It’s no surprise since I’m also a big fan of drambuie. Why just have rum or scotch when you can have it with extra depth of flavor? I don’t think most white rum tastes like much of anything, but this dark rum mojito has it going on. I think you will love the spicy flavor too, and it blends perfectly with fresh mint. Cheers!
Here are more tasty rum cocktails for your sipping pleasure:
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016