If you are reading this hot off the presses, I am flying across the country with my weary family. We are homeward bound, but since we have been in Tennessee visiting my in-laws all week, I wasn’t able to cook and prepare a menu. Never fear! I teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to build a menu of their wonderful recipes!
Here’s a wee disclaimer: Typically, every recipe I share here is something I have made myself and am personally recommending to you. Also, all photos are usually my own. This week is a special case, as I have not had the pleasure of trying these dishes, but I want to soon! The photos shown below are all taken by the very talented original authors of the recipes and are shared with their permission. If you want to pin any or all of these recipes (as you should!), please use the original recipe page.
Now, onto your easy weekly dinner menu packed full of simple recipes!
- This Gal Cooks: Chicken Tetrazzini – I’m not sure how Julie does it all. She has a full-time job, takes classes, exercises regularly, and has a beautiful blog full of delicious recipes like this Chicken Tetrazzini. While you are there, be sure to browse around and ooh and ah over all her photos! I tried a turkey tetrazzini recipe years ago and wasn’t a big fan of how it turned out. I have been meaning to try a new version, and hers looks perfect!
- Call me PmC: Great Steak Escape Sandwich – Paula must be related to the Energizer bunny. She is a mom of two boys, an avid runner, and a busy blogger. You’d be hard pressed to find a friendlier lady on the Internet, so be sure to say hello while you are there! It’s no secret that I love steak. And sandwiches. This is another recipe that I have been meaning to try because it looks even better than the original. I am sure you will love it! Serve with oven-baked frozen fries or make your own if you have time.
- Yummy Healthy Easy: Quick and Easy BBQ Cups – You think I’m weary? This busy mom has FOUR BOYS! Jen somehow still manages to find the time to share great easy recipes with gorgeous photos. These BBQ Cups are one of my favorites on her blog. Serve with a simple side salad or apple slices and baby carrots for a tasty, easy dinner.
- Cooking with Curls: Cobb Salad – Lisa was my very first sponsor, and I have been so glad to have her hanging out in my sidebar. If you don’t already know, she features tasty, made-from-scratch recipes with detailed step-by-step photo tutorials. I wanted to include a salad in this week’s menu, and her Cobb salad is the way to go!
Photo courtesy of cookingwithcurls.com
- Lemons for Lulu: Creamy Baked Chicken – If browsing around Tanya’s blog doesn’t make you hungry, nothing will! She has a great mix of simple and fancy dinner recipes with a generous helping of desserts thrown in. Just looking at this Creamy Baked Chicken makes my mouth water, and I can’t wait to try it myself. I would serve it with asparagus and white or brown rice for a great weeknight dinner.
- Uni Homemaker: Shrimp, Onion, and Sweet Pepper Quesadilla – No Weary Chef menu would be complete without a Fiesta Night dish, and this week I turned to the talented Anne from Uni Homemaker for inspiration. Be sure to peruse Anne’s Recipe Index during your visit, and you will be impressed with the quality and quantity of dishes she has shared. I often make plain cheese quesadillas for the kids’ dinner, but these fancy pants shrimp quesadillas are great for all ages. Serve with Easy Black Beans and Rice for a fab dinner.
- Main St. Cuisine: Asparagus and Fontina Quiche – This is not the first time I have shared a recipe from Allison. You may remember her Pan Fried Cauliflower in Menu #10. Go take a gander around Main St. Cuisine, and you will surely find many more must tries! I have been meaning to make a quiche or frittata for weeks, but I keep forgetting to add one to my menu. When I do, this will be one of my first to try!
Thanks to all these lovely ladies for allowing me to feature their scrumptious-looking photos and recipes this week. Next Saturday, The Weary Chef will be back with brand new recipes and a couple old favorites thrown in the mix. I look forward to seeing you then!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!Follow me on:Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Bloglovin!You can subscribe to posts by email too!Just enter your email address here.I can’t wait to keep in touch with you!