Warm up with this sweet caramel hot chocolate cocktail, a perfect end to an evening!
My love of chocolate and caramel is no secret by now, and those dreamy flavors come together perfectly in this caramel hot chocolate cocktail. You might have everything you need in your kitchen right now to whip this up. You know, if you keep butterscotch schnapps on hand like I do. What’s your favorite way to make hot chocolate? Homemade powder, convenient packets, chocolate syrup? I dabble in all those options because, really, I’ll take hot cocoa any way I can get it! In this case I just stirred some dark chocolate syrup into hot milk for a chocolatey treat. If you wanted to make a mocktail version of this, I think you could use caramel and vanilla coffee syrups in place of the schnapps and vodka. I’m not sure of the amounts on those though, so maybe try a tablespoon of each first and then add more to taste. Next time I’ll try that when I want to start my day with a tasty caramel hot chocolate or treat the kids!Print
- 8–10 oz. hot milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dark chocolate syrup or desired amount of hot cocoa mix
- 1 oz. butterscotch schnapps
- 1 oz. vanilla vodka
- whipped cream, sprinkles, or mini marshmallows (optional)
- Stir chocolate syrup or hot cocoa mix into milk until dissolved.
- Stir in schnapps and vodka. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles or mini marshmallows if desired. Cheers!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Cocktail