Thank you to Foster Farms™ for sponsoring today’s organic chicken and asparagus recipe! You will love this quick and easy flatbread for dinner!
Recently I showed you a quinoa dish that could satisfy your pizza craving, but this flatbread recipe is even better! It features Foster Farms Organic Chicken, fresh asparagus, ripe Roma tomatoes, and tangy goat cheese all on an organic pizza crust. You could cook it all on the grill this summer or prepare it in your kitchen. You’ll love the result either way!
If you like a more classic pizza recipe, feel free to add pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. You could even add all the toppings to a frozen organic pizza and bake it according to the directions. (I actually made it this way last week, and it was delicious!) Just follow the recipe otherwise, and you’ll have a gorgeous chicken asparagus pizza to enjoy for dinner.
I had an easy time finding organic ingredients for this recipe, including the chicken. Foster Farms Organic Chicken is available at most Bay Area grocery stores including my local Safeway. I always look for the Foster Farms brand because the company is family owned, and their organic chicken is raised locally in Northern California and is Non-GMO Project Verified.Print
- 2 Foster Farms® Organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch Foster Farms Organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 bunch organic asparagus trimmed
- organic olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic Italian seasoning blend
- 1 organic pizza crust or pita breads
- 4 organic Roma tomatoes sliced
- 6 ounces organic goat cheese (or fresh mozarella)
- Lightly brush both sides of chicken breasts and the asparagus with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken and asparagus in a hot skillet or on a hot grill. Cook asparagus approximately 5 minutes, turning once. Cook chicken approximately 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Cut the asparagus and chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Brush pizza crust with oil, and sprinkle lightly with Italian herbs and a very small amount of salt. Spread chicken and asparagus evenly over the crust. Top with sliced tomatoes and crumbled cheese.
- Place pizza on the hot grill, close the lid, and cook for 3-5 minutes. (If you are cooking indoors, bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.)
- Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
You may remember the Greek Chicken Salad recipe I shared with you a few weeks ago, which is also made with Foster Farms Organic. Have you tried it yet? I would love to hear in the comments how you like both of these recipes, and tell me what kind of creative changes you made to make them your own. You can also tag me on Instagram with @wearychef to show me pics of your creations. I always love to see what you are cooking :)
Thank you again to Foster Farms™ for sponsoring today’s recipe!