Crispy pasta chips are probably the best appetizer for any occasion. Prepare them in less than 30 minutes and dip them in your favorite sauces. You just have to cook pasta, season, and toss it the air frier or oven. It’s really that simple!
You know I’m not exactly a trendy cook, so I waited a while till I finally decided to give it a try to this Tik Tok phenomenon of a recipe. However, after giving it a try, I kind of regretted didn’t prepare it earlier. It’s so easy to make and the ingredients are affordable and probably already in your pantry. So, just like that, after one try, the pasta chips became our favorite snack recipe!
What Are the Best Type of Pasta for Pasta Chips?
Well, loves, in this recipe, the shape really matters. We want to use short pasta, that can be easily grabbed and dipped with. The most helpful advice when choosing pasta for this recipe is to pick the types that resemble the most with potato chips. Also, avoid any pasta that would normally require twirling to eat.
So, any of the following pasta types will work just great:
What Dips Go Well with Pasta Chips?
When it comes to dips and sauces for pairing this recipe with, it really is your call! In my opinion, the pasta chips go well with any favorite dip. However, I use any dip with potato chips or nachos either, so I’m not the best person to advise you on the matter.
Here are some basic dips and sauces ideas that are considered to be best for pasta chips:
- Classic tomato sauce;
- Tomato sauce with hot pepper and onion;
- Ranch dressing;
- Garlic dip;
- Classic mayo;
- Sweet Chili sauce;
- Whipped feta dip;
- Cheddar cheese sauce.
How to Make Pasta Chips at Home
I think we are more than prepared to start preparing this viral appetizer recipe. You just have to follow the ingredient list and the easy step-by-step recipe below. Also, I prepared for you a quick and easy video recipe for these crispy pasta chips recipe. You’ll find it right under the instructions below.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need in order to prepare these crispy and flavored pasta chips we adore so much:
- 500 grams short pasta (In this recipe Farfalle pasta are used);
- 6 tablespoon olive oil (Use extra virgin olive oil, if possible);
- 3 teaspoon Italian seasoning;
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder;
- 2 teaspoon salt;
- 2 teaspoon chili flakes;
- 50 grams Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (grated).
Now that you know what you need, it’s time to find out what you have to do. So, here is the step-by-step recipe with images:
- In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water. Respect the instructions from the pasta packaging. Cook pasta aldente and drain.
- Toss the pasta with olive oil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and chili flakes.
Oven Baked Pasta Chips
- Next, place pasta on a baking pan using baking paper.
- Bake at 200°C/400°F for 18 – 20 minutes (depending on your oven power) until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite sauces! I used tomato and hot pepper sauce.
Air Fried Pasta Chips
- Air fry until golden and crispy, shaking the basket a few times.
- Remove from the air fryer and allow to cool slightly before enjoying with your favorite dips.
Easy Video Recipe
This is really one recipe that just requires a video recipe. The steps are super easy to follow, that you probably won’t need the printable recipe after all. It’s no wonder the Tik Tok and Instagram boomed with this pasta chips idea several months ago – it is so easy to prepare and so yummy!
Enjoy Your Healthy Chips!
Finally, here is the famous pasta chips recipe that the Internet couldn’t stop talking about for months! I really hope you’ll fin it as yummy, flavored, and easy to make as I consider it.
In addition, I really wanted to let you know that I’m here for all your further questions about the pasta chips recipe, the kitchen in general, and everything else I can help with. Please let me know your curiosities and dilemmas in the comment section below. I always make time to take a look at that section and answer all my loves’ questions.
Last but not least, here are some dip ideas that I love pairing with the pasta chips recipe: