Dipping sauce, hands-off cooking, great leftovers: These are all reasons to love these tasty Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
Are you ready for a dinner treat? This recipe is as much about the sauce as the roast beef. This au jus is so richly flavored and delicious, I could just have it with bread and be a happy camper! I do recommend choosing a fairly lean or easy-to-trim roast. The last time I made this I used a pretty marbled chuck roast, and the meat and au jus came out way too greasy for my taste. Otherwise, the recipe is pretty foolproof. Lean meat does get a bit dry with slow cooking, but the sauce and cheese (if you are using) really makes up for that.
If you try these crockpot french dips, I’d love to see yours! Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @wearychef. I always love to see what you are cooking? Enjoy!
- What’s For Dinner? Check out this week’s meal plan! - September 23, 2016
- Fall Potluck Casserole with Turkey and Squash - September 21, 2016
- Cheesy Chili Pasta Bake in 30 Minutes - September 15, 2016
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Artichokes - September 11, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #190: Casseroles, Burgers, and More - September 10, 2016
- Pumpkin Zucchini Bread - September 9, 2016
- Teriyaki Tilapia Casserole - September 7, 2016
- Easy Cheeseburger Boats - September 6, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #189: Welcoming September - September 3, 2016
- Pork and Greens Stir Fry - August 31, 2016