Dipping sauce, hands-off cooking, great leftovers: These are all reasons to love these tasty Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches.
Are you ready for a dinner treat? This recipe is as much about the sauce as the roast beef. This au jus is so richly flavored and delicious, I could just have it with bread and be a happy camper! I do recommend choosing a fairly lean or easy-to-trim roast. The last time I made this I used a pretty marbled chuck roast, and the meat and au jus came out way too greasy for my taste. Otherwise, the recipe is pretty foolproof. Lean meat does get a bit dry with slow cooking, but the sauce and cheese (if you are using) really makes up for that.
If you try these crockpot french dips, I’d love to see yours! Post a photo on Instagram and tag me @wearychef. I always love to see what you are cooking? Enjoy!
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016