Hi, Fellow Chefs! It’s already time for your new easy weekly dinner menu! But first, can we talk business for a moment? I’m wondering, how do you feel about blog giveaways? Do you enter to win, or do you skip over them to get to the recipe or whatever else you are looking for? As a blogger, I think they are a fun way to gain followers and give something back to readers (at least to the winners!), but I want to know what YOU think. It would be very helpful if you could share your thoughts on giveaways in the comments below. Thanks a bunch!
Now let’s get to my favorite part: The Food! I hope you enjoy this menu of easy dinners as much as we did.
- Baked Brown Sugar and Chili Drumsticks with Buffalo Potato Salad – This was our 4th of July dinner, and boy was it good. I told you we don’t have a grill, but these beautiful drumsticks came out of the toaster oven of all things. The chicken recipe comes from Domestic Fits, and the spicy, low fat potato salad is my own recipe.
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup – I know some (most?) of you don’t want to think about eating soup in summer. We get lots of cold nights all year round in San Francisco, so we enjoyed this soup this week. The Tall One had been requesting it, and everyone in the family actually likes this one. No Knead Beer Bread was born to be dipped into this creamy broth.
- Sausage Rice Bowl with Peppers and Wilted Greens – This rice bowl is super easy to make and quite good. We used chicken sausage with manchego cheese (YUM), but you can use whatever sausage floats your boat.
- Baked Turkey Taquitos with 5-Minute Mexican Coleslaw – This was my first try at taquitos, and they will make regular appearances at Fiesta Nights at our house for sure. This easy and healthy version of this classically fried treat won’t disappoint. The coleslaw is super easy to throw together and would be a welcome side to any Mexican dish.
- Chicken Sandwiches with Muenster and Prosciutto – This isn’t a recipe exactly, more like a suggestion. We all know about putting bacon on grilled chicken sandwiches, but how about thin, salty prosciutto? Simply melt muenster (or your favorite cheese) over your grilled or seared chicken breast, then wrap the whole thing in prosciutto before stacking it on your sandwich. I suggest using thin bread for this so your bun doesn’t drown out the salty goodness of the ham. Serve with fries of course.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Chicken and Kiwi – What better time to enjoy this delicious dinner salad bursting with fresh berry flavor than summer? Berries are so plentiful this time of year, and I love pairing them with savory chicken. This is a great time to eat the rest of your No Knead bread from soup night!
- Smoked Salmon Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust – Have you tried this yummy pizza yet? You can’t go wrong with smoked salmon and artichoke hearts, and the chewy crust is great too. Give it a try this week!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!
Follow me on:
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Bloglovin!
You can subscribe to posts by email too!
Just enter your email address here.
I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!