I’m going to keep this short and sweet this week because I am low on time and sleep! Besides the kids keeping me busy all day and The Short One not sleeping well at night, I’ve been spending time working on a mobile version of The Weary Chef for all you fellow chefs visiting on mobile devices. Expect an exciting announcement about that (hopefully) next week!
Last week I featured lots of seafood dishes, and this time around poultry is in the spotlight. I’m only sharing three new recipes, but there are a lot of great past favorites to choose from in this easy weekly dinner menu. Let me know which are your favorites!
- Tandoori Chicken with Cucumber Salad and Naan – This was my first try making an Indian dish at home, and boy did it turn out good! I threw together a simple cucumber salad similar to this version from Simply Recipes to serve on the side. I was lucky enough to find fresh spinach paratha from our farmer’s market, but you can find naan in most supermarkets near the pita in the bread section.
- Burgers and Fries – This was a quick and easy dinner to make the night our dishwasher was broken. I used pre-formed hamburger patties seasoned with steak sauce and baked frozen fries in a 450 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. We enjoyed Raspberry Bourbon Lemonade with our dinner, and the boys had the same minus the bourbon.
- Salmon Nachos – I actually made chicken nachos this week (more chicken!) but I didn’t realize until it was time to serve them that our salsa had gone bad. Also, The Pants
got the wrong beanschose different beans than I would have, and overall the nachos were less than stellar. Long story short, please try these salmon nachos instead!
- Baked Tri Tip Roast with Veggies – This roast is very tasty and an easy way to make steak for a crowd since you only have one piece of meat to cook. I baked fresh corn (husks removed) wrapped in foil at the same time as the meat and served a side salad too for a simple, summery dinner. (So sorry about this photo, but we devoured it before I could do retakes!)
- Skillet Pasta with Summer Vegetables – If you like sausage and squash, then have I got a recipe for you! It’s no secret that I love one-dish meals, and this one is a definite keeper.
- Easy Chicken and Dumplings – My friend recently made this with spelt flour dumplings for her husband with wheat intolerance. I don’t know much about alteranative flours, but she said the recipe still turned out great.
- 15-Minute Taco Salad – I shouldn’t even have to say anything about this recipe after the 15minute part. Who doesn’t want a delicious dinner that can be ready so quickly?! This does make for two fiesta nights (meals with Mexican food) twice in one week, but this is still showing remarkable restraint on my part since I could eat Mexican 5 nights/week and be happy.
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits!
Follow me on:
Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ or Bloglovin!
You can subscribe to posts by email too!
Just enter your email address here.
I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!