This easy quinoa salad is loaded with flavor and texture thanks to grapes, coconut, and a light yogurt dressing. Perfect side dish for chicken and fish!
You may have seen this quinoa salad last week paired with the baked salmon with herbed yogurt. I loved the salmon, and I loved this salad, but honestly they weren’t the best match. This salad has a lot going on with the sweet grapes, tangy yogurt, and rich coconut. The salmon had a lot going on too with its strong herb flavors, so the dinner was a taste explosion. I think this salad would be a better match with simply seasoned grilled chicken or fish so it can be the star of your dinner plate.
This is the second time I’ve used grapes in a salad recipe, and I need to do it more often. I love how they add sweetness and crispiness! I feel kind of sorry for grapes. They are the unsung fruits of the food blogging world (if you don’t count the fact that they turn into wine). Fall is all about apple and pumpkin. Summer is all about berries, watermelon, stone fruits, and the like. Winter is citrus. What about poor old grapes? They are there for you all year round and even come in a few pretty colors, but no one ever gets excited about them. Let’s change that!
You should definitely get excited about this salad because it tastes good, is good for you, and is quick and easy. What more could you ask for in a side dish? Try it for dinner soon, and let me know what you think!
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 cup quartered grapes
- 1/2 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. (Typically, you will cook 3/4 cup quinoa in 1 1/2 cups water for approximately 20 minutes.)
- When done, remove lid, fluff with fork, and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Stir in quinoa, grapes, and cucumber until well coated.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
- Cook Time: 20
Here are some other sweet and savory recipes I think you will really like!