Everyone in our family loves steak, adults and kids alike. We have been eating a few family dinners together lately instead of our usual style of the boys eating earlier, and one of those meals was this oven roast beef. It turned out beautifully, but I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to pull it out at your favorite level of doneness. I aimed for 145 degrees F, which was rare and juicy. Adjust your cooking time as needed depending on the size of your roast.
I have made this recipe with tri tip roast or London broil, both with excellent results. The London broil does dry out if cooked beyond medium-rare since it is so lean, so choose a more marbled cut if you aren’t looking for a rare roast. This oven roast beef is perfect for a dinner party (or a large family) because everyone’s meat is done at the same time, and you can work on preparing side dishes while it is baking. That makes life much easier than grilling or searing steaks!
Want more great ways to cook beef? Try these!
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016
- 7 Ways to Make Recipes Healthier - June 7, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #176 - June 3, 2016