Everyone in our family loves steak, adults and kids alike. We have been eating a few family dinners together lately instead of our usual style of the boys eating earlier, and one of those meals was this oven roast beef. It turned out beautifully, but I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to pull it out at your favorite level of doneness. I aimed for 145 degrees F, which was rare and juicy. Adjust your cooking time as needed depending on the size of your roast.
I have made this recipe with tri tip roast or London broil, both with excellent results. The London broil does dry out if cooked beyond medium-rare since it is so lean, so choose a more marbled cut if you aren’t looking for a rare roast. This oven roast beef is perfect for a dinner party (or a large family) because everyone’s meat is done at the same time, and you can work on preparing side dishes while it is baking. That makes life much easier than grilling or searing steaks!
Want more great ways to cook beef? Try these!
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016
- Oven Taquitos with Sriracha Salmon - July 26, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #183 – Hawaiian Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Macaroni, and More! - July 23, 2016
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad - July 21, 2016
- 25 Blueberry Recipes You Will Love! - July 18, 2016
- Meatloaf, BBQ Quesadillas, and More! – Dinner Menu #182 - July 16, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #181: Mango Salad, Ham Pasta, and More! - July 8, 2016
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta - July 7, 2016
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats - July 6, 2016
- Summer Dinner Recipes: Weekly Dinner Menu #180 - July 2, 2016