Everyone in our family loves steak, adults and kids alike. We have been eating a few family dinners together lately instead of our usual style of the boys eating earlier, and one of those meals was this oven roast beef. It turned out beautifully, but I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to pull it out at your favorite level of doneness. I aimed for 145 degrees F, which was rare and juicy. Adjust your cooking time as needed depending on the size of your roast.
I have made this recipe with tri tip roast or London broil, both with excellent results. The London broil does dry out if cooked beyond medium-rare since it is so lean, so choose a more marbled cut if you aren’t looking for a rare roast. This oven roast beef is perfect for a dinner party (or a large family) because everyone’s meat is done at the same time, and you can work on preparing side dishes while it is baking. That makes life much easier than grilling or searing steaks!
Want more great ways to cook beef? Try these!
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016