Everyone in our family loves steak, adults and kids alike. We have been eating a few family dinners together lately instead of our usual style of the boys eating earlier, and one of those meals was this oven roast beef. It turned out beautifully, but I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to pull it out at your favorite level of doneness. I aimed for 145 degrees F, which was rare and juicy. Adjust your cooking time as needed depending on the size of your roast.
I have made this recipe with tri tip roast or London broil, both with excellent results. The London broil does dry out if cooked beyond medium-rare since it is so lean, so choose a more marbled cut if you aren’t looking for a rare roast. This oven roast beef is perfect for a dinner party (or a large family) because everyone’s meat is done at the same time, and you can work on preparing side dishes while it is baking. That makes life much easier than grilling or searing steaks!
Want more great ways to cook beef? Try these!
Sign up to never miss an easy recipe!
- Strawberry Cheesecake RITZ Sandwich Snacks - April 27, 2016
- Skillet Pork Hash Recipe - April 25, 2016
- Weary Chef Weekly Wrap Up: Introducing Your Custom Meal Planner! - April 23, 2016
- Cabernet Balsamic Strawberry Cucumber Salad - April 22, 2016
- Green Onion Recipes You Need to Try - April 20, 2016