Everyone in our family loves steak, adults and kids alike. We have been eating a few family dinners together lately instead of our usual style of the boys eating earlier, and one of those meals was this oven roast beef. It turned out beautifully, but I would definitely recommend using a meat thermometer to pull it out at your favorite level of doneness. I aimed for 145 degrees F, which was rare and juicy. Adjust your cooking time as needed depending on the size of your roast.
I have made this recipe with tri tip roast or London broil, both with excellent results. The London broil does dry out if cooked beyond medium-rare since it is so lean, so choose a more marbled cut if you aren’t looking for a rare roast. This oven roast beef is perfect for a dinner party (or a large family) because everyone’s meat is done at the same time, and you can work on preparing side dishes while it is baking. That makes life much easier than grilling or searing steaks!
Want more great ways to cook beef? Try these!
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016
- Weekly Wrap Up and Meal Plan #171: Meatballs, Flatbread, and More! - May 1, 2016
- Organic Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread - April 30, 2016