Update 5/30/2013: As much as I like Feastie, I have removed the Feastie Bar from my sidebar for now because people just weren’t using it. My recipes now feature a “Save” button that adds ingredients to your Ziplist shopping list. This seems to be a more popular service at this time, but I still support the outstanding work that Feastie is doing to index recipes and promote food bloggers!
Have you ever seen this Feastie badge in my right sidebar and wondered what it is? Feastie is a searchable recipe directory where you can find recipes from over 1,000 food blogs. Search results are displayed as thumbnails in a beautiful gallery page, and you can click on an image to be taken to the full recipe on that blog.
The reason I’m extra excited to tell you about Feastie is that you can use it to build grocery lists and save your favorite recipes. To make this easier for you, I added Feastie buttons to my right sidebar. Now, when you are looking at any recipe on my site, just click the “List” button to add it to your Feastie grocery list. You can also click the “Save” button to add it to your favorites at Feastie.
To use the grocery list feature, you don’t need an account, but if you want to save your list for future reference or add favorite recipes, you do need to sign up for a free account, which is quick and easy.
I’m sure you are ready to get to my menu of dinner recipes already, but I do hope you will try Feastie for your grocery list this week. All you have to do is click the “List” button on your right when you are looking at any recipe on my blog. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!
If you are a blogger and want to know more about joining Feastie, check out their info for recipe publishers.
- Asian Green Beans with Ground Turkey over Rice – I was looking for a new way to use ground turkey, and I’m so glad I gave this a try. It’s an easy, healthy, 30-minute dinner with just the right amount of spice. Perfect weeknight dinner!
- Skillet Sausage Pasta – This pasta is so, so good that it could be on the menu every week. It tastes like it could be from a restaurant, but it takes just over 20 minutes to prepare with a short list of ingredients.
- Steak with Cheesy Asparagus and Potato Bake – I am very excited to share this side dish recipe with you. I could eat a plateful of these vegetables; they are so good! (Eating plates full of cheesy vegetables could explain why my pants are so tight lately.) Substitute or add veggies of your choosing, and enjoy! Cook the steak however you like. I marinade mine in Dale’s Seasoning (imported from Tennessee since it’s not sold in San Francisco) and cook it over high heat in my iron skillet.
- Greek Salad with Irresistible Cheesy Pesto Bread – This salad is another staple in our house: Quick to prepare, very flavorful, and perfect with bread. This bread is especially a treat with all its buttery, cheesy, goodness.
- Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks – Here’s another great thing about Feastie: You can add recipes from other Feastie blogs to your list too by clicking the “List” button in the top bar. This delicious sandwich is from What’s Cookin’ Chicago? I made it basically as written, and we loved it. Serve with frozen or homemade fries and grape tomatoes.
- Cabbage Roll Casserole – This is not a particularly glamorous dinner, but it IS healthy and delicious. If you use the longer-cooking instructions, you get to enjoy the amazing smell for a couple of hours. If you are in more of a hurry, use the 30-minute method. Either way will have a terrific result!
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos – These carnitas so easy and yummy. Serve them the first night on tacos, then use the leftovers for quesadillas, taco salad, or pulled pork sandwiches.
I hope you enjoy this week’s menu of easy dinner recipes. Let me know which ones are your favorites, and share photos of your version on my Facebook page!