Enjoy Spring recipes to get you ready for warmer days including Whole Grain and Chicken Salad, Tuna Melt Tostadas, Pesto Pasta Salad, and lots more!
Hi there! Today is the first day of Spring, although I can’t say that it means that much to me. It has been hot and summery most days in San Francisco for month, and my mom just sent me photos of all the snow they got in Maryland last night. I’m not sure where people are actually enjoying Spring weather today. Let’s just enjoy some easy Spring recipes for this week’s dinner menu, and it will put us into the Spring spirit! (Click the recipe titles to see the full recipes!)
- NEW: Summer Salad with Whole Grains and Chicken: I know I called this “summer salad,” but it’s good for any time of year really. It’s simple to make, filling, and tasty!
- Pesto Pasta Salad with Roasted Asparagus: Ooh this is a good one, just right for using all the fresh asparagus available this time of year.
- NEW: Honey Baked Chicken over Lemon Rice: Just in case you are having a blustery Spring day, I want to throw in this warm, cozy, hearty (but healthy!) dinner idea. It is so super easy to make. You just assemble it all in a baking dish, pop it in the oven, and everything cooks together. Give it a try!
- Veggie Loaded Healthy Nachos: Treat yourself to nachos for dinner without feeling bad about it with these nachos packed with extra vitamins and fiber.
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork: As the weather warms up, you might not want to heat up your kitchen. Enjoy this simple take on a Chinese takeout classic made right in your crockpot.
- Skinny Stromboli: If Spring makes you think of warm weather, and warm weather makes you think of having to actually show exposed skin, maybe a lightened up version of pizza will be appealing!
- Tuna Melt Tostadas: Finally, these tostadas make for such a fun dinner on warm days!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go watch my Roomba do some Spring cleaning ;) Have a great weekend!
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
All of these recipes look wonderful! Love your new blog design… beautiful! :)
Thank you so much, Sheena! xo
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Tuna melt tostadas? Where have THESE been all my life?
Now you can have them and live a full life ;) Thank you, Dorothy!
Marilou Bañez says
Delicios and easy to prepare, Thanks Andy for all your recipies
Thanks so much, Marilou! I love easy. Weary is really just a code word for lazy ;)
All of these would make for a delicious dinner. Thanks Andi!
Thank you, Joanne! I appreciate it!
Heather in VA says
These look fantastic. So ready for spring and salad season!
Thank you, Heather. Maybe you can just make salad and pretend it’s warm outside (while you sit next to the fire…) Have a good weekend!
What a great lineup, think I will start with the skinny Stromboli!
Thanks, Georgia. I think you will enjoy it! Have a good weekend :)