When you are in a rush and have many mouths to feed in the morning, this baked scrambled eggs recipe is your ultimate help! Not only the ingredients needed are few and affordable, but also the eggs come out so light and fluffy. Your family will fall in love with the oven-baked scrambled eggs with cheese right away and breakfast leftovers will remain a far memory!
Why Scrambled Eggs In the Oven?
We already know how loved are some cheesy scrambled eggs in the morning. Not to mention how good they are for your little ones, considering eggs are a rich source of nutrients. However, when it comes to preparing this easy and tasty dish, the cook is always the one who has to suffer a little. Being a working mom and trying to make time for preparing breakfast for my kids before work, always turns out kind of funny. Have you ever arrived at the office and smelled like a cafeteria? Well, I certainly have!
So, being capable to whip up my family’s favorite breakfast dish without all the smell, heat, and sweat is a “Yes, Sir!” for me. Not having to stand over the stovetop and constantly keep an eye on the old angry skillet while trying to apply my mascara is such a dream!
Now, this is where oven-baked scrambled eggs come in. They are the perfect breakfast dish to feed the little monsters (and also the biggest of them all, my hubby) as they always turn out fluffy, cheesy, and buttery.
What to Add to Scrambled Eggs to Make them Better?
If you have the time to go extra with your breakfast, here are some of my favorite ways to improve my oven-backed scrambled eggs recipe. Try one of these ideas and feel free to improvise and adapt to your own taste. However, don’t forget to share with us your alternatives in the comment section. We are all here to learn!
What you can add to your oven-baked scrambled eggs to improve the recipe:
- Your favorite spices or herbs;
- Crumbled sausages and bacon, or cubed ham and turkey for the meat lovers;
- Diced peppers or onions when you want some extra vitamins and color;
- Roasted veggies if you have the time and energy for some ‘fancy’ omelet.
Easy Oven-Baked Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Now, let’s get down to cooking, my loves! No worries: the steps are easy peasy and the ingredient list is nothing impressive!
What You Need to Make Baked Scrambled Eggs:
- 10 eggs;
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (feel free to choose whatever type of cheese you love);
- 1/4 cup of butter;
- 1 cup of milk;
- 1 teaspoon of salt and one of pepper (add any spices you usually use for your scrambled eggs).
How to Make Scrambled Eggs In the Oven:
- First of all, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, put 1/4 cup of butter in a 9×13 glass baking pan and place it in the preheating oven.
- In the meantime, whisk 10 eggs with 1 cup of milk.
- Add the shredded cheese, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper to the egg mix. Also, feel free to season it to your family’s liking! Keep in mind that you should always improve any recipe to your taste. I only give you some basic steps.
- Remove the pan with the butter from the oven, pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 10 minutes. Now, your baked omelet is ready to impress any crowd!
- Here comes the fun part! If you want to make proper scrambled eggs, break them up with a spatula after 10 minutes in the oven. Then, repeat the process every 5 minutes until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Do not forget to save some for yourself! The fluffy and cheesy baked scrambled eggs are the perfect start for a long working day.
Enjoy Your Quick and Fluffy Breakfast!
Finally, it’s your time to share your experience with this recipe and all your thoughts on it. So, tell me everything in the comments section: What do you think about the baked scrambled eggs with cheese and the oven method? Did you experience any problems when baking your egg mix? Did your kids enjoy this dish? Additionally, did you go for the main recipe or did you improvise? If you went extra, let us all know how that went!
Also, please, do not hesitate to ask any further questions about the baked scrambled eggs recipe in the comments too. I will make sure to answer you as soon as possible! Last but not least, if you are eager to find out more easy recipes that are perfect for a quick breakfast, I got you! Try these three round-ups of mine and spare some time for yourself!