Hi, Fellow Chefs. I hope everyone had a right dandy week. Mine didn’t go quite as planned, but it did end with getting a new car, so that was definitely a win! We upsized from our Kia Soul to a Mazda 5 so I can not only cart around my two kids but also a couple of their friends. It was the smallest possible car that carries six people, and I love it so far.
That’s enough small talk because I have something exciting to tell you: I have partnered with Ziplist to give you a new way to build grocery lists and save recipes! You may already use Ziplist, and you have likely seen the blue “Save” button on many other online recipes. Now, that handy Ziplist “Save” button appears on my newer recipes (soon to be all of them once I finish the update). Here are a few reasons I think you will be happy about this new feature:
- Ziplist has a FREE mobile app that lets you take your list with you to the grocery store on your phone!
- Use their meal planning feature to build a weekly or monthly meal calendar!
- They sort your list by grocery aisle AND by “things you probably need” and “things you probably already have.” I think this is super helpful.
- Not only can you add Weary Chef recipes to your Ziplist grocery list and recipe box, you can add recipes from many other sites as well to create your own custom menu and list.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff. Here are the recipes you want to save to Ziplist right now! I bring you this week’s menu of easy weekly dinners for busy cooks:
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo – This isn’t quite as naughty as it sounds. The sauce only uses regular milk and a wee bit of butter and parmesan. The salmon adds plenty of richness without adding heavy cream. Serve with broiled zucchini (toss sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, and pepper and broil for about 7 minutes).
- Stovetop Barbecue Chicken with Creamy Mac and Cheese – This dinner is really easy, though it does take more than 30 minutes since the macaroni has to be cooked and then baked. I made my own BBQ sauce this time because I realized I was out when it was time to make dinner. It was simple and turned out great if you want to try the recipe.
- Asian Green Beans with Ground Turkey over Rice – This recipe has become somewhat popular on Pinterest, and for good reason. It is out of the ordinary, easy, and delicious!
- Skillet Chicken Marsala – I have been wanting to try a new Chicken Marsala recipe for a while. When it came time to cook this one, it seemed easier to make it an all-in-one pasta dish instead of the traditional chicken chicken cutlet preparation. I was happy with the result and think you will be too!
- Layered Chicken Taco Dip – I already featured this recipe in a post earlier this week. It’s a fun twist on taco night!
- Tilapia Sandwiches with Spicy Mayo – These sandwiches take less than 15 minutes to make. Can’t beat that for a tasty, quick dinner! Serve with chips and fresh veggies for a 15-minute meal, or make fries if you have time.
- Cabbage Roll Casserole – This dinner isn’t quite what you’d call fancy, but it is healthy and delicious! Choose the 30-minute method with white rice or the low and slow method with brown rice. Either way will make for a yummy meal.
If you haven’t entered for your chance to win $400 in gift cards to Amazon, Target, Starbucks, and Panera bread yet, this weekend is your last chance! Hurry on over and show some great bloggers some love while you enter this fantastic giveaway!
Don’t miss out on any recipes, photos, or funny tidbits! Follow The Weary Chef on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Bloglovin! You can subscribe to posts by email too, just enter your email address here. I’m looking forward to keeping in touch with you!