This week’s menu of easy recipes is full of healthy recipes to help me recover from a week of vacation eating! Find healthy nachos, shrimp etouffee, chicken tandoori, and lots more!
Hi! I’m on my way home back to San Francisco as you are reading this, and I have to say I’m excited to get back to my nerdy husband, obnoxious cat, cute fish, and hopefully cool fog. I hear there has actually been a heatwave in San Francisco this past week, so I’m glad I missed that. It was hot in Maryland, but I could hide in the air conditioning. There is no such luxury at our house.
We did have a wonderful time with my family, and my boys were thoroughly spoiled. I was pretty spoiled too! I got plenty of quiet time to relax, and every day happy hour started by 5pm. I ate and drank so much in the past five days that I need to go on an all-salad diet when I get home. Just kidding. I would never stick to that. I did choose some pretty healthy meals for this week’s menu though in the hopes of redeeming myself a bit. I hope you like this lineup of easy dinner ideas! (Click the recipe titles to see the full recipes!)
- Tandoori Chicken with Lemony Lentil Salad – Both of my new dinner recipes for this week are teaming up together in this one meal. The work so well together!
- Healthy Hamburger Stroganoff – This looks like comfort food not healthy food, but it’s actually pretty good for you.
- Classic Greek Salad with Chicken – This is always my go-to dinner salad. It’s quick to throw together, delicious, and fills me up.
- Healthy Shrimp Etouffee – I can’t wait for pumpkin season to start. This delicious Cajun recipe gets it started on the sly!
- Veggie Loaded Healthy Nachos – I can’t remember if I put these in a very recent dinner menu, but who cares. They are good enough to have every week!
- Foil Fish Packets – I love these for an easy dinner that can also be made ahead. Pair them with Cheddar Chive Rice if you like.
- Southwest Sausage Frittata – I have approximately three low-carb recipes on The Weary Chef, and I can hardly remember what the other ones are. Skipping carbs might not be my specialty, but this frittata served with a green salad sure is good!
While we’re talking about healthy recipes, I thought you might like some of these!