This week’s menu of easy recipes is full of healthy recipes to help me recover from a week of vacation eating! Find healthy nachos, shrimp etouffee, chicken tandoori, and lots more!
Hi! I’m on my way home back to San Francisco as you are reading this, and I have to say I’m excited to get back to my nerdy husband, obnoxious cat, cute fish, and hopefully cool fog. I hear there has actually been a heatwave in San Francisco this past week, so I’m glad I missed that. It was hot in Maryland, but I could hide in the air conditioning. There is no such luxury at our house.
We did have a wonderful time with my family, and my boys were thoroughly spoiled. I was pretty spoiled too! I got plenty of quiet time to relax, and every day happy hour started by 5pm. I ate and drank so much in the past five days that I need to go on an all-salad diet when I get home. Just kidding. I would never stick to that. I did choose some pretty healthy meals for this week’s menu though in the hopes of redeeming myself a bit. I hope you like this lineup of easy dinner ideas! (Click the recipe titles to see the full recipes!)
- Tandoori Chicken with Lemony Lentil Salad – Both of my new dinner recipes for this week are teaming up together in this one meal. The work so well together!
- Healthy Hamburger Stroganoff – This looks like comfort food not healthy food, but it’s actually pretty good for you.
- Classic Greek Salad with Chicken – This is always my go-to dinner salad. It’s quick to throw together, delicious, and fills me up.
- Healthy Shrimp Etouffee – I can’t wait for pumpkin season to start. This delicious Cajun recipe gets it started on the sly!
- Veggie Loaded Healthy Nachos – I can’t remember if I put these in a very recent dinner menu, but who cares. They are good enough to have every week!
- Foil Fish Packets – I love these for an easy dinner that can also be made ahead. Pair them with Cheddar Chive Rice if you like.
- Southwest Sausage Frittata – I have approximately three low-carb recipes on The Weary Chef, and I can hardly remember what the other ones are. Skipping carbs might not be my specialty, but this frittata served with a green salad sure is good!
While we’re talking about healthy recipes, I thought you might like some of these!
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter says
So glad you had a nice time on vacation with your family :) Love the lighter choices for this week’s menu. They all look fantastic!
Andi Gleeson says
Thanks so much, Kelly! I feel like I was still in vacation mode a bit this week. I didn’t get very much done!
Thank you for the nice recipes and have another great weekend!
Andi Gleeson says
Thank you, Liz! I’m happy to be home and rest up after our vacation ;) I hope you have a good weekend too!